Clutch Pedal Stop Bumper

-

clifftt

Reaction score
I just discovered my car does not have one of these. There is a small rectangular slot above the pedal where it probably went. I'm not sure how high my pedal should be coming up. It might help if I had this stop, found in Classic's catalog.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 339
Clutch stops are a good thing, they limit over travel of clutch plate springs and also help speed up shifting. They are adjustable on some Porsches.

Never heard of it, but I'm going to look at my car.

I have one on my car. You can see the back side of it installed in the pic. It fits in the slot in the support structure.

It's just a rubber bumper that the clutch pedal hits at the top when released. That way you don't have metal to metal contact with the support brace. If you run a clutch that requires the removal of the over-center spring, you may not need it.

Attachments

• DSC07448.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 328
I have one on my car. You can see the back side of it installed in the pic. It fits in the slot in the support structure.

It's just a rubber bumper that the clutch pedal hits at the top when released. That way you don't have metal to metal contact with the support brace. If you run a clutch that requires the removal of the over-center spring, you may not need it.
Thanks - one of these came with a bumper kit I bought for my '66 Barracuda - now I know where to stick it!

-
Back