Clutch pedal to z bar rod

-

Backally

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I looked at a lot of past messages and didn't see this one. 70 Duster, 340 4 spd. The rod that goes from my clutch pedal to the z bar hits the bottom of the hole going through the firewall. Does not appear to be any adjustment for this? Looking at my z bar it appears the arm is bent in just a bit. I may be able to bend it to get the rod a little higher and more centered in the hole but I don't think it will be enough to prevent it from rubbing. Doesn't show it very well, but am attaching pictures of the rod going through the firewall, and also of my Z bar, do they look like the correct parts?

Attachments

• P1010435.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 431
  • P1010439.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 407
Although they look good visually, I am putting Schumaker poly mounts in this winter. Discovered this while unhooking everything to raise the engine for the mounts and headers.

I don't know if it's the angle of the picture but it looks like the arm on the Z bar is bent a little.

You may have a bastardized z bar as well.

I'd get all the numbers off of it as possible and give brewers performance a call.

They have been really helpful any time I had a part compatability concern.

Thanks guys. I'll give Brewers a call and see what they think.

Bend the arm back to 90 degrees, that will center it in the longest part of the firewall hole.

the rod looks ok it should have a little bend in it at the z-bar. And like the others said it looks (in picture) the fenderwell side of the z-bar looks bent in a little, it could be just an illusion of the picture though.

The picture does make it look like the arm is bent, but it actually is 90 degrees to the torque bar. No numbers on the bar but talked to Brewers and it sounds like it is the right parts, and it connects to the bell housing and inner fenderwell correctly. I am hesitant to bend the bar as that may reduce the travel a little and I am concerned the clutch wouldn't release fully. It is all on the bench right now, I think I will look close at the pedals to make sure they are on correctly, but otherwise it doesn't seem like anything to adjust. May test fit the new grommet and file a little off the firewall hole so it doesn't rub if there's room?

-
Back