Status
Not open for further replies.

Hipo65

Yeah I'm "That Guy"
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hello guy's got a rare one for you. i just did the 8.75 swap in my 65 dart gt & an now im selling the o.e. rear that was in there. Its a clutch style sure grip with 3.23 gears! it worked great (would turn both 235/60 14's out back) no noise's or clunks at all. It had 10 inch rear drums on the back too. i left the backing plates on the housing but kept the drums for the 8.75 also kept breake hardwhere & wheel studs. All else is yours. Im asken $300 bucks for the whole diff plus ride (can deliver withen a culpe hundred miles & pay my fuel) or $300 for just sure grip & gears plus the ride yer choice guy's Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture0810132041_1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 561
A few more pics of whole diff.

Attachments

• Picture1123130931_1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 457
  • Picture1123130932_1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 437
You know what you got there, right? That's a really rare piece and I for one didn't know one was ever made for the 7.25. That's a Dana Power Lock 4 pinion sure grip. First time for everything I guess. That thing is heavy duty.

I know that commentary isn't generally allowed but I just wanted to say these are difficult to find. I used one on a built slant six car that I even punished with slicks. They are far far stronger than the peg leg 7.25 and lighter than other rear choices for a slant car.

If I had money I'd grab it but I don't. Good luck with the sale.

Yes rusty rr i know what ive got for sure. i was as surprised as you are when i poped the cover to change gear oil when i 1st got the car. i knew rite then & there it was rare & worth somthen. hence the reason i sticken to my guns @ 300 bucks. ive got a few more pm's i cannot read/respond to from my phone so after work today ill reply in order.

I would be interested, except shipping is a killer. I have run these in a slant six drag car with 3.91 gears, without problems. On slicks and running 1.80 sixty foot time, and low 13's in the 1/4 mile. It is an excellent option for a street car.

Yes rusty rr i know what ive got for sure. i was as surprised as you are when i poped the cover to change gear oil when i 1st got the car. i knew rite then & there it was rare & worth somthen. hence the reason i sticken to my guns @ 300 bucks. ive got a few more pm's i cannot read/respond to from my phone so after work today ill reply in order.

I don't blame you. I think it's a great price. Hell, if it was mine, I'd be hording it. LOL GLWS bud.

Man id like to have horded it but if some else can use it thats awsome instead of stealing space in the shead. Plus thats puts coin back twords the sting of the 8.75 in er now! & once a shaft is shortend no goen back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back