coat hanger hooks

-

sammie

Reaction score
I put the headliner in my 69 fastback Barracuda. My question is ,Does standard int cars not get coat hooks? I have the original headliner here but it was out of the car when I got it and I don't see any holes where it might have been. Yet I have a set of hooks here? Is there someone who can post a picture?

Your headliner should have a large easily seen hole where the shoulder belt attached.
If you car had coat hooks, you'll find a tiny hole for a sheet metal screw about 3 inches rearward of the seat belt anchor.

Did all theses cars come with the shoulder belts? or was that an option?
I just checked the old headliner. I did see one small hole on the driver side for one hook. No holes for shoulder belts. Yet I have the shoulder belts in a box that came with the car

I think they all had shoulder belts.

No, shoulder belts were optional.

I have them on my pretty well loaded 67 Formula S- 237 4 bbl, but not on my "base" 68 Formula S - 340 4 bbl (V-8, console, 8 3/4" axle).

No, shoulder belts were optional.

I have them on my pretty well loaded 67 Formula S- 237 4 bbl, but not on my "base" 68 Formula S - 340 4 bbl (V-8, console, 8 3/4" axle).

And rear shoulder belts were defintley optional. Did NTSB mandate shoulder belts somtime in 68/69 ?

-
Back