Coffee...

-

DaveBonds

Garage Trash
Reaction score
This is my poison of choice;

turbo-pack.png

Amy found one of these at an antique shop and gave it to me on my birthday, a few years ago.

3894450586_0589b64142_z.jpg

It's enough to hold a french press brew, but we split it. I think I'd die if I tried to polish one of those off every morning.

I'd suggest any of the Dunkin' roasts to anyone who enjoys coffee.

What's in your cup?

Keurig k cup. A LOT of different makers/flavors. I like the Donut House coffee.

Keurig... Crazy invention, coming of times. The K cup is all the bells and whistles.

Amy's family have a Keurig out at their place, when we went to visit Tulsa.

We live in the future and I'm still using a french press. Go figure.

I'll have to try Donut House.

Hazelnut coffee of any decent brand. My cousin (RIP) turned me onto it when I used to go by and visit her. She was riddled with rheumatoid arthritis and that was one of the few things in life she could enjoy. Now that she's gone, I enjoy it even more because it reminds me of her. One of the staunchest Conservative Republicans I've ever met. I sure do miss her.

Hazelnut is pretty fantastic.

I like trying different coffee creamers. They have girl scout cookie thin mint flavor creamer at the store that I get, once in a while.

Love the smell of a freshly opened can of coffee and the smell of it brewing.....can't stand to drink it.Might sip one or two cups a year just to be polite.

I had Dunkin coffee yesterday...I gotta say, I don't get it...meh.

McDonalds makes better coffee, IMNSHO (and that is certainly not my coffee of choice).

Love the smell of a freshly opened can of coffee and the smell of it brewing.....can't stand to drink it.Might sip one or two cups a year just to be polite.

I was much the same way until my work injury and after the "attempt" at corrective surgery. It was supposed to be like an outpatient thing but I had an adverse reaction to the anesthesia, so my doctor made me stay the night. Man, when I woke up the next morning, I CRAVED coffee like a sumbitch and have been drinkin it ever since. Go figure.

I used to bring coffee back from Costa Rica. Something about it just put me in a good mood like no other. I would pack old clothes that I could leave behind so I'd have as much room as possible in my suitcase. It was fun to go to the central market where they weigh it out and bag it up for you.

Otherwise I'm not a coffee snob, whatever brand is reasonable in the supermarket goes in my old Mister Coffee, like others said it 'gets me going' in the morning.

If you go to costco you can get the keurig k cup maker with a bunch of samples to try and one so you can make your own coffee. That said if you like tea or hot chocolate buy the pre made k cup version the one that you can make your own doesnt filter it enough. Just a heads up.

I used to bring coffee back from Costa Rica. Something about it just put me in a good mood like no other. I would pack old clothes that I could leave behind so I'd have as much room as possible in my suitcase. It was fun to go to the central market where they weigh it out and bag it up for you.

Otherwise I'm not a coffee snob, whatever brand is reasonable in the supermarket goes in my old Mister Coffee, like others said it 'gets me going' in the morning.

I can see you throwin a big pile of clothes on the floor to make room. That's funny.

I like the smell of coffee but not the taste, Diet Code Red Mountain Dew works as coffee for me if I need it.

BIG TIME Xs2 ....except I like the green stuff only.

when im out of dew I cant function right

Attachments

• 12958756.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 204
I was much the same way until my work injury and after the "attempt" at corrective surgery. It was supposed to be like an outpatient thing but I had an adverse reaction to the anesthesia, so my doctor made me stay the night. Man, when I woke up the next morning, I CRAVED coffee like a sumbitch and have been drinkin it ever since. Go figure.

...and was you name "Rob" before that corrective surgery? :poke:

Coffee...is my lifeline. Pure and simple. Without it, I would not function. I'll take McDonald's over Timmy's any day. It tastes better, the cups are bigger, and it costs less. Easy decision for me. Anything I've ever brewed at home is just blechh!!! It'll work in a pinch, but just can't measure up.

Eight O' Clock used to be cheaper, many years ago. I'd buy it exclusively, because of it's flavor, but I will say that it stands up to the ranks of the others and is great stuff, still well worth buying at the current prices.

I can only imagine how fresh coffee beans from a farmer's market would smell. That sounds amazing.

I was impressed with Keurig's array of available future drinks (hot cocoa, tea, etc.) It's tough to beat the speed of those things.

I will say, even though I throw a kettle on a gas stove in the morning to wait for the hot water for the french press, there are pitchers with heating elements in them that get the job done with cold water, in seconds.

I still love the emulsion of espresso for flavor, but you go through a lot more grounds.

The french press gives great flavor, if you stir it. Completely soaking the grounds is the way to get all the flavor.

I've debated on spending some cash on a Blendtec, like the ones used at Starbucks (green tea frappuccino is great), to make my own frozen drinks a bit better. I have a blender, but I've used those and the awesome Youtube commercials for them are no lie. They are night and day.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko"]Will It Blend? - iPad - YouTube[/ame]

I've actually met a hand full of people who swear by Mtn. Dew code red. Odd. They all share similar opinions on coffee, too. I wonder if it's a biological taste palette difference?

I can still use one of those Blendtecs to make a Mtn. Dew smoothie for anyone who wants to come n' visit while I have a cup o joe.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qySFp3qnVmM"]Will It Blend? - Coke Can Smoothie - YouTube[/ame]

Dave I dunno, it might be. I never liked coffee growing up. Back in the day I used to mix mountain dew with cherry juice or Rose's Grenadine. Should have patented it back in 91.

Just find me a 7-11 and I'm good! Coffee time!

Seeing as how I live in Canada there is two words when it comes to coffee- TIM HORTONS!!!!

-
Back