cold air intake

-

abodyhotrod

Reaction score
does anybody use one of those aftermarket cold air intakes. i havent really seen any old cars with a k&n style cold air intake.
is there anything out there that would fit.

I saw a dual plenum setup in Jeg's cat last month. They had elbows and tubing and filters to make your own. I was thinking about putting in a setup thru my scoops

i saw that one w/dual 4in. set up for a carb. but wondered if it would even fit under the hood, i havent seen any measurements. anything else out there

Sorta like this ?

20080203inlets0021zz9.jpg

I'd love to figure out a way to hook up some of those snorkels to holes in the hood below dual hood scoops, but also with a door in the airbox to switch from cold air to warm underhood air when needed (kinda like the factory-style Ramcharger and Air Grabber hoods).

They sell all this at checkers,,,,this set up was on car when we got it,,car runs cool,,,,sits well in traffic on a hot day

hmm,,pic didnt load first time,,,,,we have since replaced the duct tape with clamps,,,,,,the filters fit nice up in the fenderwells

HPIM1589.JPG

I just got a ram air box from, www.ramairbox.com for my 73 340 Duster. The problem I am having right now though is finding a place to route the ducting intake too. I would like it behind the grill like on the cuda posted on this thread, but their is just no room on the dusters. Has anyone here done a ram air install on their duster? Any ideas, or pictures would be awesome. I was thinking maybe under the front bumper or something.

Sorta like this ?

Thats almost exactly how I set up my first circle track car. Had an old New Yorker duel snorkle air cleaner and Dryer vent tubes. Fast car in the straights, but I wasnt quite as knowegable and couldnt get it to turn fast. 81 Mirada CMX.... Street stock class at Orlando Speedworld. 2nd for most fun Ive ever had in a car.:-D:-D:-D Craig

-
Back