Cold Case or Griffin radiator in a 1970 Duster?

-
I won't J par but it wasn't cheap.

You have to understand that clowns like Jpar buy the cheapest **** they can and don’t know any better. They shop price over value.

Then he likes to give people **** because he’s jealous he can’t spend the money others can.

Ignore him.

I’m thinking of getting a radiator from DeltaPag. They make a single core 1.5” thick radiator. They claim many guys on the power tour with 1200 plus horsepower have their radiators…I don’t have much room in my truck once I put that small block in it with a 671 on top. That 3” belt drive system takes up all the space, no room for a mechanical clutch fan.

I don’t really want to hack up the front of the truck to move the radiator back.

If I drove my high compression stroker on the freeway more. I would have to put a thermostat in it because of my $140 radiator would bring it down to a 150° on the freeway...
Id hope that radiator would work great. Driving down the freeway isn’t hard on it. How does it do in traffic, waiting idling in construction for 15 minutes during summer.

Id hope that radiator would work great. Driving down the freeway isn’t hard on it. How does it do in traffic, waiting idling in construction for 15 minutes during summer.
Worst I ever seen on a 100°+ day sitting was 205°....

That's the radiator test.. if it doesn't work great on the freeway it never willl...

Hey Fred, I am really considing this rad for my Scamp as well. What clearance do you have from the rad to the face of water pump pulley?
IMG_20230828_161036985_HDR.jpg
Pictures are best there ya go Sir.
Running electric fans on mine.

US Radiator is also another great and often overlooked choice.

Have you searched Griffin exact fit radiators on here?

There are several threads about them, most are not complimentary.

Their electric fan set up is, in a word, a joke. It only flows ~1730 CFM, which is a nearly 1,000 CFM short of hitting the minimum needed to realistically keep one of these cars cool. The “shroud” has all the design features of a baking sheet. And what they charge for it is ridiculous. You can get a fan that flows twice as much for less than half the cost.

It doesn’t matter where it’s made if it doesn’t work.

Last edited:
Is the actual thickness of the rad 2" ?
Top and bottom tank are 2" core is about 1.5" . Never measured it before till just now.
Core is bigger than the factory opening of the core support by 2" each side and top. I'll get you a picture.

I bought a Griffin for my dart but the hemi is so tight with the motor plate, elect pump, and elect fans I ended up pulling my smith out of my roadrunner (use to be in the dart and fits real tight to the core support) and putting the Griffen in the b body. It’s an awesome radiator, I think it cools better than the smith. It was the biggest Griffin I could buy. Would have been fine without the motor plate.

IMG_0479.jpeg

IMG_0478.jpeg

I bought a Griffin for my dart but the hemi is so tight with the motor plate, elect pump, and elect fans I ended up pulling my smith out of my roadrunner (use to be in the dart and fits real tight to the core support) and putting the Griffen in the b body. It’s an awesome radiator, I think it cools better than the smith. It was the biggest Griffin I could buy. Would have been fine without the motor plate.

View attachment 1716134809

View attachment 1716134810
Nice work love it.

Top and bottom tank are 2" core is about 1.5" . Never measured it before till just now.
Core is bigger than the factory opening of the core support by 2" each side and top. I'll get you a picture.
Thanks! Much appreciated

FWIW, Griffin is made in USA, Cold Case is not. If that matters.
Made in the USA! I have the griffin exact fit on my 69 Barracuda. I painted it black with Eastwood's radiator paint, and it looks a LOT like a factory radiator. It works fine.

-
Back