Cold spell....

-
I was hearing on 98KUPD that Montana was going to see something like -70*F with windchill lol...

I was hearing on 98KUPD that Montana was going to see something like -70*F with windchill lol...

Be a great day to live in a tent....Neighbors "bathroom" is a Home Depot five gallon pail, outside...

Apparently, your cold snap is heading out our way but another front is going to cut it off before it hits..I would prefer snow to this darn cold rain...

Apparently, your cold snap is heading out our way but another front is going to cut it off before it hits..I would prefer snow to this darn cold rain...

Yep its coming to west texas late this week. Supposed to be in the low 30s tonite, and in the low 20s all the rest of the week along with freezing rain, sleet, and ice. I got some of my firewood piled in the garage just in case we lose power, i can use my fireplace. Screwed up part is its 80 degrees now. Im wearing shorts and a t shirt LOL.

Looking like a little snow here now. Usually a light dusting each year with a couple inches on the ground every few is all. Guess I won't be driving the Dart to work on Friday just in case.

How funny I accidentally first posted one from last summer and now I can't get rid of it. So I guess you get to see the full range.

View attachment weather 02.jpg

Attachments

• weather 2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 118
Snow..in California ? Must be in the mountains..I am still in a a t shirt and shorts..

we are getting severe winter storm warnings here in SoCo but yet its 65 degrees out now.....

that's how blizzards have happened in past years ....its warm the day before the storm gets here.

just be safe I just spent the last hour and chopped a bunch of firewood and brought it to the garage so that if nature decides to show who is boss im ready

Yep, i brought firewood in just in case we need it. Ice storms have a tendency to knock the power out in my neighborhood. Might need to get a generator.

It's -30 here now with a wind chill warning in effect. Brrrrrr

"Frigid temperatures combined with brisk winds will create extreme wind chill values near minus 45 this morning. At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 10 minutes."

It's -30 here now with a wind chill warning in effect. Brrrrrr

"Frigid temperatures combined with brisk winds will create extreme wind chill values near minus 45 this morning. At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 10 minutes."

Yeah, with wind chills of around 40 below or a bit more.
I just took a whiz outside and it froze before it hit the ground......:D

OK, I don't get it...it is about 6c out here..aren't we supposed to live in the great white north ? I think our weather is turning into the same as BC..

temperature reading before heading out to work this morning...the dart still started up like its supposed to :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-05-06-17-54.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20131204_094716.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 100
keep that over there Rani, we're under a winter storm warning until 1 am saturday:banghead:

Well, had -21F. without wind chill on the way to work @ 5:30 this morning, Oh yea, and the power went out @ 2:00 am amd came back on @ 6:00am. It was 39 degrees in my house when I woke up for work.

Rani, tell me you don't have flip flops on today!!!!

Well, had -21F. without wind chill on the way to work @ 5:30 this morning, Oh yea, and the power went out @ 2:00 am amd came back on @ 6:00am. It was 39 degrees in my house when I woke up for work.

Rani, tell me you don't have flip flops on today!!!!

do flip flops with socks count ??

Thick wool socks maybe!!!! LOL

no, just regular socks ...wool ones itch and leave marks on your skin where they were and then you have re-lotion your legs after you scratch where the wool made them itch ....not a good deal. regular socks are trouble enough :-s

Ok then, regular it is! Might have gotten wet if you had received the 12" of snow that appeared yesterday on my deck.

...counted 5 motorcycles on the road today....probs are for warmer tomorrow..

We have a wind chill advisory until the 7th. Coming home we saw 5 on the thermometer in the Explorer. Go figure, I picked today to take some waste oil to the recycling center.....it was pouring like molasses.
Good thing about when we get a cold spell like this.....our normal temps seem warm........
Nights like tonight are good hot chocolate nights....not that powdered crap from a bag, Ernie's aunts in Mexico made her some chocolate blocks to make it from, heat up some milk, slice off a piece or two......toss some marshmallows in.....
We were gone all day today. Left both pellet stoves on......gotta wonder of the dogs even went outside at all today....
Hope everyone is staying warm....

The Farmer's Almanac states that "Today is the start of a 9 day stretch that is considered the best days to do outside chores ie. mowing & digging"

Boy, is it wrong... 3 to 4" of that white stuff and 18°F now and 4°F tonight.

-
Back