Cold Starts

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
Last year I was forced to DD my 64 /6 dart with a super six conversion and the heat riser welded open so I would always have to let it warm up good before it would run perfect but the first day I had to start DDing it was freezing!

It had sat for a week in temps around 20-35 degrees and then overnight in temperatures in the -5 degree range so it was definitely cold this is what it sounded like when it fired up it fired off really easy though.
Wish that old slant always sounded like that lol.

Post any vids of your extreme cold starts up!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwJ5MLA8aBw"]1964 dodge dart cold start - YouTube[/ame]

No thanks, that is hard on everything. 25--30 degrees is about the coldest I will go and that is with the car overnight park in a garage

These cars can be started thou, recall the old Diehard ads on TV were they keep the car parked overnight on a frozen lake with the headlights left on all night and the car started up ?

I think the choke was just a little tight, and that's why it ran like that and the engine shook like it did.
It cleared up after it ran for a bit right?

Yeah It was cold enough that I had to run the choke almost full shut for 2-3 minutes before it would actually idle car runs great once it warms up tho. I wouldnt say it's hard on them if you dont have a really thick oil and they used to be DD back when they were just normal cars it wont hurt them now lol.

You're gonna havta 'splain to me what in 'ell "DD" means

My question is, why is the turn sigal on?

Why is the video sideways?

you could probably do a LOT better in cold wx if you'd get a "snorkel head" air cleaner and install the related "stove."

I never really meant for the car to be DD in winter but my main car died the day before so the old dart got called back into active duty lol.

-
Back