Collector Car Insurance

-
Ive had Hagerty for 10 years now. I had 3 cars insured thru them at one time. I had 2 corvettes and a dart. One is agreed value @18k, one @45k and dart @18k. My one vette was hit with a piece of truck rubber from a blown tire 2 years ago while I was going to get gas. Ripped holes in the quarter panel where it hit. Called Hagerty and they were there the next day. Wrote me an estimate and I had a check in 5 days. Took it to the body shop and they had to paint the whole back end because there were no seams to blend from. It ended up more than the estimate was written at. Body shop contacted them and I was never questioned and they paid the higher cost. I called that great service and a great company. Also yes they have to be in a locked garage but I have no restriction on when I can drive it except I cant use it for a daily driver to work. Since sold the one vette and I pay $470 for the 2 cars left which includes roll back service if needed.
Rod

i have american collectors on the mustang and condon and skelly on the dart. also have used jc taylor. all three have been fine for us over the years.

Does anyone use their car as a daily driver? What about insuring if you're driving it daily? It seems Hagerty, etc. won't allow it..

If you want to ensure any damage to the car that "comprehensive" would cover (such as you running off the road by yourself and hitting a tree), you'll probably be better off with "collector car insurance". If you just need liability for the other guy, any insurance company should provide you coverage.

Not sure how you get comprehensive coverage and use the car as a daily driver. The insurance company would probably only give you up the "book" value if your car was totaled, which would be very little for a old car. It will be interesting to learn...hopefully someone here has researched it.

I changed to Haggerty last fall, I have 9 cars with them, they will also do stated value on new cars which is what I needed. If you have a newer car that is for limited use you don't have to worry about taking it up the shorts if something happens to it, and the cost is about the same as regular ins.

-
Back