color code

-
It appears to be Hemi Orange. Couldn't find that as a color option for that year/car. Was car repainted different than origional color?

Don't recall that as an optional color, for a 68 Dart.

It could be the base Orange color found in 69 (color code 999). It looks just a shade lighter than Hemi Orange (color code V2).

Auto paint stores or some parts store that sell paint can tell you fairly easy. They have a electronic paint gun looks like radar gun which presses against the hood or fender they give the trigger a pull, then guy plugs the device into their computer and presto you have you mix code and paint code.

Auto paint stores or some parts store that sell paint can tell you fairly easy. They have a electronic paint gun looks like radar gun which presses against the hood or fender they give the trigger a pull, then guy plugs the device into their computer and presto you have you mix code and paint code.

Wow, didn't know that. Good to know.
Yote

Thx. From what I've found on the internet apparently its a House of Kolor : molly orange . I would really like the code for it because this is the colour I would like to put on my car. Im going to my paint supplier to look up the different hemi oranges as well as header orange to compare.

Having an Axalta rep chase down whether these two codes are the same color or not . Does anyone know the answer to that ?

Thx , just want to double check . However the color on the car posted doesn't seem to be header orange in my opinion . Seems to have more of an orange/ yellow pop to it so I'm going to chase down my internet lead that it was a House Of Kolor " moly orange " shade. It would be nice if the Body shop that painted it had the color mfgr and code posted some where.

It appears to be Hemi Orange. Couldn't find that as a color option for that year/car. Was car repainted different than origional color?

No way. THIS is actual V2 "Hemi Orange"/"Tor Red" from 1970-1972:

SuperBee3.jpg

-
Back