color of Turbine car... Question

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
I once saw a report that the Chrysler Turbine car,s paint color " Turbine Bronze" was never used on production vehicles. And the paint code MM1 used on 1966,67,68 Dodge,Chrysler,Plymouth cars was a close match (but not the same exact color as the real Turbine cars).
Is their any truth is this information...or just myth ?

I have seen Jay Leno's turbine car, and it certainly looked like the production Turbine Bronze color. I don't how you could disprove that — it's highly unlikely that your Turbine Bronze Barracuda would ever wind up parked next to an original turbine car.

You never Know....yeah you're right , not a chance in hell Jay Leno would ever own one of my cars.., Like he could even afford it ! :)

That color looks like a million bucks when it is fresh and clean and buffed.
Fast Forward 15/20 years and it looks like dry dog-poo. But the good thing is, it blends in very nicely with the rust.
Yes I do; I have a 69 Formula S; that I bought third-hand in the early eighties.

I always thought the Chrysler turbine car was redder than the production Turbine Bronze, but variations in lighting and old type film may explain it....

I had the idea one time to paint one of my Oldsmobiles Turbine car Turbine Bronze, and emailed Chrysler to ask for the paint code. A nice woman wrote back and said that was a one-off color and was so metallic the company's restoration department couldn't give me a code because it would be too difficult to reproduce. She suggested MM1 as an alternative.

I had the idea one time to paint one of my Oldsmobiles Turbine car Turbine Bronze, and emailed Chrysler to ask for the paint code. A nice woman wrote back and said that was a one-off color and was so metallic the company's restoration department couldn't give me a code because it would be too difficult to reproduce. She suggested MM1 as an alternative.
Yeah I've heard that before , that the color was not used on production cars....but MM1 was a close a you could get. Thanks, Thinking of painting my 62 Plymouth wagon that color. Want to two tone, just not sure what color to do the roof. Don't want to do the roof black...we'll see .
So did you paint your car turbine bronze ???

I didn't. The car was yellow and I didn't want to take the interior apart to paint the metal surfaces. I didn't think the yellow and bronze were a good fit.

-
Back