Colors...

-

Marko

Reaction score
What are peoples Idea of painting my 1971 Dodge Demon going with a Black interior... I was wanting to do some kinda Red Color doing bumpers Painted with car and blacked out grille

Thanks!

What are peoples Idea of painting my 1971 Dodge Demon going with a Black interior... I was wanting to do some kinda Red Color doing bumpers Painted with car and blacked out grille

Thanks!

cant go wrong with any color with a black interior, but black really accents lighter colors.

Marko,

There is a mulitude of nice red hues (colors) out there. Most of them are base/clear. Stay away from tri-coats, candies, etc. Leave that stuff to the professionals.

May I suggest a two-tone such as a bright silver on the top half with a brilliant red on the sides, broken by a hand done pinstripe.

I suggest you check with the 3 major paint companies to see what is available and what red you like best. All of the major players have an exotic paint color selection to choose from. Don't forget House of Kolor paints either.

Remember; "the best paint job starts with a good foundation" use only quality materials and don't skip any steps in the prep process.

my 2 cents

sscuda

Marko,

There is a mulitude of nice red hues (colors) out there. Most of them are base/clear. Stay away from tri-coats, candies, etc. Leave that stuff to the professionals.

May I suggest a two-tone such as a bright silver on the top half with a brilliant red on the sides, broken by a hand done pinstripe.

I suggest you check with the 3 major paint companies to see what is available and what red you like best. All of the major players have an exotic paint color selection to choose from. Don't forget House of Kolor paints either.

Remember; "the best paint job starts with a good foundation" use only quality materials and don't skip any steps in the prep process.

my 2 cents

sscuda

And I agree 100% with your two cents, especially about the tr-coats and candies and the foundation so that makes it four cents:-D

I always paint my cars the original color. Whatever it may have been.

Me too, the designers knew what colors looked on on the cars. Everybody and their brother paints their car blue, red, or yellow.

Buts its your car, pick any color you like. (This must be stated because I can already here the, do what makes you happy comments.)

Me too, the designers knew what colors looked on on the cars. Everybody and their brother paints their car blue, red, or yellow.

Buts its your car, pick any color you like. (This must be stated because I can already here the, do what makes you happy comments.)

Baby Blue66

As an OEM paint supplier I have attended several Domestic Big 3 "annual colour reviews" over the years. You would be shocked at how the domestic OEM's pick paint colors for their vehicles. In most cases it's only one or two people and they may only have interior decorating backgrounds. And they don't know anything about the vehicle(s) they are picking the colors for.

I also have to agree with you on keeping the vehicle true to it's build sheet. These cars are getting rarer every year, but if you feel the need to change the color , so be it.

sscuda

in my opinion why restrict yourself to what the designers thought looked good? ive seen lots of nice cars (even new cars) with a limited colour selection, none of which i liked on the car...in my opinion, to paint your car the factory colour because the factory thought it looked good so it must is silly...nothing wrong with factory colors in my opinion, but i say paint it whatever colour you want it to be...never been a fan of red on cars in general, but a red demon sounds nice...two tone is a foose thing that needs to ditched immediatly in my opinion...good luck!:-D

-
Back