columbia, mo mopar show-swap???

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
havn't been in years. its a ways from s w mo, wondering what the turnout is for vendors, cars etc????? used to be nice get together......

There used to be a swap meet held the first weekend in February, but they haven't done it last two years.

they used to have show and swap about the 2 nd weekend in june, just south on 65 at car auction lot i'm thinking. any mopar guys left around Columbia!!!???????????????????

Bill,
I have gone to it the past few years. Attendance was down last year due to rain everywhere but normally there is a fairly large turnout of cars for the show and several vendors. It does seem like there hasn't been quite as many swap meet vendors in the past few years as there was 8-10 years ago but the turnout seemed decent to me.

I'm planning on going and taking the Redline Challenger. If any other FABO members go, please look me up as I'd like to meet you.
Dallas

There used to be a swap meet held the first weekend in February, but they haven't done it last two years.

Yes, that was at the fairgrounds. I heard (FWIW) that the demand for the building was growing so much that management could get a lot more money from other organizations and priced the Mopar Club out.
That was just a rumor, I don't know if it's a fact but I do know there had been a growing number of other events held there at the same time as the swap meet.
Dallas

No, I talked to the club who hosted that swap, and that's exactly what happened. They were priced out of the building by the county. I don't understand it? A ton of livestock events in the middle of the winter?!?

Seems like they could find a place outdoors to hold it, maybe in the spring. Every swap meet I go to is outdoors. This was a nice break to a long winter of hibernating, but I'll take an outdoor Mopar swap meet in the spring over NO swap meet at all.

-
Back