Column lever pin

-

John Collins

Reaction score
Why the F is so hard to punch out?!? As a non mechanic with only one make shift press, this pin is a m f’n PITA. I’ve torched it and pounded the crap out of it, but she’s a tough girl and only budged a touch. I’m not really asking for help, just venting. lol

He is saying gear selector. Get the jewelry file out and file it in half. Been there. Done that.

20200109_180626.jpg

20200107_200521.jpg

You're welcome. Go slow. It's going to take time. Ask me how I know.

I used a triangle jewelry file and sawed Thur it until you could hear it pop.

I got it. Thank you guys! I ended up digging out the right size punch while looking for a file small enough.

My main issue with working on this car is that 90% of my tools are in my 18’ box truck that I use for work. I need to invest in a proper garage setup.

I lost patience and cut that entire collar off lol, but I was probably 16 at the time and going a million miles an hour.

I lost patience and cut that entire collar off lol, but I was probably 16 at the time and going a million miles an hour.
I was close! I’m glad I didn’t. I can donate this to someone in the future now. I’m converting to a floor shifter, so it’s useless to me(now at least). It took a bit of patience to not grab a saw and at it. Lol.

-
Back