column o ring

-

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
where can I get a new steering column o ring for my 71 Scamp. I'm looking for the one that gets sandwiched in the lower column to firewall plate. Thanks!

Suggestion: measure i.d.,o.d.,thickness. Take measurements to place that makes hydrolic hoses or a truck service center or Clutch & Brake in Salem. Should have them. If not, take measurments to machime shop and have one made of Nylon. Hope this helps, Tom. Any Scamp parts for sale?

Suggestion: measure i.d.,o.d.,thickness. Take measurements to place that makes hydrolic hoses or a truck service center or Clutch & Brake in Salem. Should have them. If not, take measurments to machime shop and have one made of Nylon. Hope this helps, Tom. Any Scamp parts for sale?

Good Idea on Brake and Clutch. I'll try them. What are you looking for as far as Scamp parts?

You talking about the boot?

No boot. It is a big rubber O ring that is clamped between two plates and then the plate assembly is bolted to the firewall.

Good Idea on Brake and Clutch. I'll try them. What are you looking for as far as Scamp parts?

No boot. It is a big rubber O ring that is clamped between two plates and then the plate assembly is bolted to the firewall.

Picture? It has been too long for me to remember what is there. Maybe it is something different than my 68.

This is the seal that I am used to there.

View attachment $_57.jpg

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/DMT-BLACK-A-Body-67-74-Steering-Column-Gasket-Dart-/360239522219?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53dff2e1ab&vxp=mtr"]DMT Black A Body 67 74 Steering Column Gasket Dart | eBay[/ame]

Hi Scamper, I am looking for a-piller plastic moulding #2811555 right side or a pair in ef-3 green (lt.green met.),also, front windshield outside moulding clip. there is more but my senior brain is not functioning today. thankyou, Tom

There's another seal that is a simple o ring that goes where that triangle plate attaches to the steering column tube.

Hi Scamper, I am looking for a-piller plastic moulding #2811555 right side or a pair in ef-3 green (lt.green met.),also, front windshield outside moulding clip. there is more but my senior brain is not functioning today. thankyou, Tom

I have a pair of the green ones if you have a nice pair of black ones to trade? Otherwise I need to reuse the green ones and paint them black to match the new interior.

Hi Scamper, I don't have any a-piller moouldings to trade as one of mine is cracked. If you have black seatbelts (front) I could use them. I will try Amherst Swap at the end of the month and get black ones to trade or green ones for myself. I used to sell there years ago, never had any luck. Gary Leplante is usually there. Thanks, Tom:D

Hi Scamper, I don't have any a-piller moouldings to trade as one of mine is cracked. If you have black seatbelts (front) I could use them. I will try Amherst Swap at the end of the month and get black ones to trade or green ones for myself. I used to sell there years ago, never had any luck. Gary Leplante is usually there. Thanks, Tom:D

not to laugh at you but, lol Amherst. I'll never go back to that place. I have been 5 times over the last three years and I have never once found any part I actually needed. A body stuff is pretty much non existent there. Also, anyone I have dealt with there was trying to get retail prices for trash.

I couldn't agree more butm I'll give it a shot. There is a man in the next town from me who has about 9 mopars plus a barn of stuff. His problem is he is never home. I have to catch him at the right moment. I'll let you know how I make out. Later, Tom

There's another seal that is a simple o ring that goes where that triangle plate attaches to the steering column tube.

It might help others to help you by posting pictures of what you have as well as your old part. I have done multiple searches and have found no O'ring listed but that doesn't mean it isn't out there.

I know what you are talking about, i think but am having a hell of a time trying to down load photos. The first plate mounts to the interior side of the fire wall with 3 bolts then there is a rubber ring around the steering column than a second plate with 2 bolts mounting to the first plate with the rubber ring sandwiched in-between. Now if I just knew where to find one for you, although it probably wouldn't be to hard to make one.

Jeff

Hey 71Scamper, put in a search for ( mopar steering column o ring ) you should find what you need.

Jeff

-
Back