combining inline tube prop valve and adjustable rear prop valve

-

412 Stroker

Reaction score
Ok so I would like to keep the front brakes going through the in-line tube prop valve, and I want to plug the rear brake ports of the inline tube prop valve, then run a separate line from the master to the adjustable prop valve to the rear brakes, would putting plugs into the rear inlet & outlet inline tube prop valve work. not sure I am explaining this right I only want to use the in-line tube prop valve for the front and plug the ports for the rear, and use only the adjustable prop valve for the rear. or do I even need to use the prop valve for the fronts at all since I am going to an adjustable in the rear.
I have single piston factory discs on the front and 10 inch drums in the back and the single chamber vacuum booster. 74 duster with 8 3/4 rear from a 72 duster.

You don't need the inline type prop valve if you are putting in an adjustable rear prop valve. You only need a distribution block (2-way splitter) up front; that is what I would do to simplify things.

Based on some reported experience of others here, with the 10" rear drums, you may not need any rear prop valve at all. So you might want to install and test to see if the F-R rear brake balance is inherently OK on a level gravel lot before installing any rear prop valve.

-
Back