Cometic Gaskets

-
Oh, wow, that goes back many, many years. No, nothing ever came of it. It didn't get past the idea stage. Maybe someone might like to try again.

In Many cases a supplier who has made a product for someone as a small run is tied to only making that product for that orginal requestor.
So a supplier may have a design for a slant 6 gasket but you might find they can't make it for you, if they didn't request the right to make and sell their own version at the point they agreed to make a batch for someone in the past... not akward just law i think..

for my Australian engine i know of US produced MLS gaskets, forged pistons, and cam blanks
but i can't get them direct from the manufactuerer becasue the interlectual property in the design of each belongs to the guys that did the hard work getting an Australian mopar only part made in the US.

hence a bit of a monopoly on some parts and the prices are astronimical due to no competition

Dave

i had my copper head gasket made. just saw it today at machine shop. made off a stock template with a .050 block bore. also .050 thick to accomodate ringed block and head for boost. Cometic was a strikeout. if interested send me a message and ill share contact info. BUT i will say it would be much cheaper if you had a .050 over block

I had a copper head gasket on my turbo 170 back in the early '80's. If I remember correctly it was made by SCE. I have another new gasket in stock for the refresh. This one was made by Hussey Copper.

I had a copper head gasket on my turbo 170 back in the early '80's. If I remember correctly it was made by SCE. I have another new gasket in stock for the refresh. This one was made by Hussey Copper.
I've used SCE and Clark to make the large port Slant intake/exhaust gaskets for me in the past, and Clark also has the files to do copper head gaskets for the Slant as well, any bore and thickness.....

-
Back