Cometic gaskets

-
Cometic Gaskets out supporting the racers this week.

IMG_9907.jpeg

Now that you explained it, I have actually seen some video's. Just didn't really know what I was watching, other than they seemed a little fast for a stock car.
Thank you RR
No problem. They aren't really stock, they just have to look like it by whatever the rules say and run stock type and size tires. I think it's amazing how quick these type cars are. I'd love to build one, but of course, like most everything else, it's out of my budget.

I will be waiting like a vulture for you, but that is NEVER going to happen. :)

Hey guys. Finally have most of the pieces to get the dusters F.A.S.T. motor together. Using cometic head gaskets. Cometic says to install dry, others say to cut the rivets and copper coat all layers, others say to use a thin coat of rtv around all water passages on each layer, others say to use an anaerobic sealer around each coolant passage....
What's the latest trend? Tips and tricks? If it matters, small block Mopar, cast iron j-heads, arp studs.

View attachment 1716152637
I cut the rivited tabs off "after the gaskets were down over the studs and flat on the deck , re used 4 times , no sealer , no problem , have found that waiting over night to do the last torque sequence "always" helps , no matter what kind of gaskets are used ...........

-
Back