Comin down to a money crunch

-

Outlaw49801

Reaction score
What it comes down to is the $3100 I was going to spend on putting a moser 60 in my car is being spent on the trans and engine on things I wasn't expecting to spend it on. So my options would be to delay the project or buy a rearend locally and it is a ford 8.8 with.bb a TA girdle new 4.10 gears a 31 spline mini spool, strange axles,disc brakes w/ calipers and a 1350 yoke Width wise it will bolt right in and allow me to use 10.5 inch tire with my mini tub job . Rearend brandnew no passes and the guy wants $500 for it is it worth it??

Thanks, for your input guys .
Doug

Don't buy that cheap **** 8.8 If it breaks and puts you in the wall. Then how much did you save?

The rest of the drivetrain is a stroker 416, 570hp/530 torque w/o the nitrous system once I decide between a nos cheater or a zex system it will be at most a 250 shot and it is a 904 hardened input and output shafts and the stall is 4500rpm

If built right would the 8.8 not hold up to this configuration it is said it is as strong as an 8.75 or a 12 bolt

Who says an 8.8 is as strong as a 8.75"?

from everything I've read their fairly decent rearends but not nearly strong enough to handle 820 hp. For that matter an 8-3/4 better be maxed out to handle power like that. Plus I hope your running an R3 or better block with that much power.

Go Dana. Go Home... Nuff said...

15wgp44.jpg

eqwhp2.jpg

mu90mr.jpg

2elbitk.jpg

I ain a expert on diffs, but with that much power would the 8.8 hold up? After u find that out with the 8.8 the first order of business would be to eliminate those c clips......Really like the other folks chimed in I would look at a 8.75 or 9"......Hell u got that much money in engine and tranny, you don't want to skimp on the rear an end up in the wall...:angry7:......

A young fellow that comes by my place has an 1150 hp mustang that goes 8.87 with an 8.8...
I asked him why an 8.8 and he said guys are going faster than him with that rear end..

-
Back