Common problem ?

-

grassy

Reaction score
'75 Duster.

When we bought the car in '09, the knob for the "pull on" lights was not secured on the shaft securely so it would always come off. This was great because I moved it to it's new home.

I am not sure if I will have to take it off again,,,,anyone know how I can secure this knob so it doesn't come off when used ?

Thanks..

the problem with that is if you secure it so it doesn't come off you will need to remove it five bloody minutes later!!

Well, what I have always done is just roll a small piece of paper, matchbook or the like and put it in there and push it on, it takes up the "worn" space a bit. It's kinda half butted, but no one knows it's there unless you tell them. :D

It's supposed to release from the switch assembly with a small button, but people that don't know that pull the button off the shaft.
The button and shaft are supposed to be removed as one peice.
Mine was like that when I got the car, so I JB welded it on how it belongs and remove it the right way if I need it out of the way.

The knob isn't supposed to come off the shaft. The shaft and knob is an assembly that is removed by pushing the button shown in the picture below.

Attachments

• ljkhjgfjmk.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 152
Example...

headlampswitchknob.jpg

Cool...I shall jb weld the sucker on and take it off properly the next time.

Thanks
Ian.

No...car not ready. I have all the kinks just about all worked out...but no paint except what the kids did with spray bombs..

My RAM goes in for rust repair on Tuesday and I think we head of on vacation on the 20th..

We still don't have power...it went out yesterday @ 9:30. I don't think we have been hit with higher winds since we moved here..a lot of tree carnage..

^^^ Yep, our place on the Outer Banks of NC had the eye of Arthur go right over at the peak.....our place survived OK but a lot of neighbors had damage. NS is really getting whacked, compared to what you usualy see. Good luck there!

Thanks :) In the 20+ years we have lived here, this has been the strongest wind yet... A lot of tree carnage..especially with the older trees..

We are hoping to hit the Mopar only show in Bridgewater...early august

-
Back