comp 280 magnum or mp 280 cams can't decide!

-
How many cam threads are you going to make? How many more times are you going to change your mind? Just pick one and go. It's not like you're building a points racer.

Well **** it's about time you chimed in I thought you would've been the first one lol.

We get tired of answering the same question worded differently.

did the OP ever actually state what he wants out of the build? I'm probably expending too much effort here, but if you have a true 9.8:1 with J heads, and only a 2500 stall w/3.73 gears, I'd probably go with the suggestion of a dual pattern cam in the 230s @ 050...like a COMP XE, Lunati Voodoo, or possibly a Howard's...if the rockers and springs are up to it. But, IIRC, he mentioned running stock rockers...and if seeing the experiences of others is any indication, those have a habit of going to church with too much cam (holy rockers, ha ha)...

...then again, I'm likely putting too much effort/thought into this.

do yourself a favor, call Hughes engines, tell them your combo, be completely honest with all aspects of your build. the combination starts from the engine to the *** end, you can not fudge in between, one mismatch can screw the whole combo. the cam being the most
unforgiven. mopars crave split pattern camshafts!

-
Back