Comp roller lifters 828-16

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
Anyone running these? They say they have pressurized oil to the roller, but looking at all the pics I don't see how.
Also says not recommended for street use.

I'm trying to save a bit of money on my lifters and these have no waistband to potentially be a problem. Look good to me but the pics look like the bearing gets "splash" oil only. That would be a deal breaker.

They are not pressure fed. I run them with no issues on street engines. However I bush the lifter bores on every solid roller I build. If you don't - I'd get a full body deal that does have pressurized oil feed.

They are not pressure fed. I run them with no issues on street engines. However I bush the lifter bores on every solid roller I build. If you don't - I'd get a full body deal that does have pressurized oil feed.
Gotcha. Looks like I'll be buying another set from Mike at MRL. Have around 3000 miles and maybe 15 passes on the set I'm running now and have no complaints whatsoever. Just was try to go cheap. Pretty stupid of me...

Saw those. Look nice, but I KNOW for a fact that the MRL lifters solve the oil puking issue. Hate to buy an unknown set and find the waistband is .030 too high, or something.

The only other roller I've tried is the Comp 8043-16. No good in my block. Thank goodness I was able to send them back.

Those Morels for 1200 bucks actually look a lot like my MRL's.

Saw those. Look nice, but I KNOW for a fact that the MRL lifters solve the oil puking issue. Hate to buy an unknown set and find the waistband is .030 too high, or something.

The only other roller I've tried is the Comp 8043-16. No good in my block. Thank goodness I was able to send them back.

I think the MRL's have an .810 wheel. I don't care for that .750 wheel. It has resonance frequency issues, especially if the base circle is bigger than a Chevy, the lift is above .650 or so, and you like to see the tach on the north side of 7000.

I've been using them for years, they have no issue exposing the band. I buy mine through Herbert for just under 300.00........

-
Back