[FOR SALE] Complete HEI Kits for Sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running the ez efi. It needs a tach output signal to operate otherwise you have to run this rpm module. it can't be hooked directly to the coil.

So a standard Autolite 65 plug (small block) is about as good as any other plug?
There isn't a "special" plug that will benefit from the more powerful system?

Just curious ....

I always go to NGK for a good quality plug, but for HEI it's the gap that matters most.

Ouch!! Bit of a price jump!
Just ordered one.....

Now tell me I woulda got a FABO discount....lol
The old price was a FABO discount. :D
There has been a lot of time and price changes go by between the intro price in this thread and today. :D
Actually the price has been the same for a couple of years now at least.
Still, 149.95 shipped for a complete OEM distributor compatible electronic 40,000+ volt ignition system is hard to beat. (that was the goal with the HEI kits)

Thanks for the order.

I'm good with the pricing....
If NGK is good enough for my KTM it's good enough for my Mopar.
Any specific NGK?

I have plenty of dizzy's...... Did I need another one ? I don't think I ordered the kit with the new Dizzy...but I did pay you 149.00

What brand are the parts

Genuine GM OEM.

I'm good with the pricing....
If NGK is good enough for my KTM it's good enough for my Mopar.
Any specific NGK?

Yep, I use NGK GR4's (stock number 2635) and they seem to run right about where they should be as far as heatrange goes for my stock bottom 318.
They are the V power plugs but don't put a lot of stock in the V making any notable difference of any kind.
I think it's more important to have the plugs adjusted where the flame is right at the tip of the ground leg out in the open.

I got stuck on NGK a long time ago when I had sports cars and street bikes.
They just always worked well, and some of the others not so much.
The Iridium plugs for example, that I put in my Fiat Spyder (barely ran) so I took them back and put in the old reliables and it ran perfect again with no other changes.

I have plenty of dizzy's...... Did I need another one ? I don't think I ordered the kit with the new Dizzy...but I did pay you 149.00

Nope, your standard OEM electronic distributor is what these kits are designed for.
Of course recurving and all that stuff makes a difference also but has no bearing on the HEI kits themselves. (your good with what you have)

oh...I read the inflection wrong.... I read it as getting another dizzy.

Fiat Spider....cool car!

oh...I read the inflection wrong.... I read it as getting another dizzy.

Fiat Spider....cool car!

130 mph worth of cool for 200 bucks.
It was sitting for a few years and the clutch disc stuck to the flywheel and wouldn't disengage so the shop it was at thought it was a broken trans. :D

I got in it and turned the key and it fired right up, but would only grind if you tried to put it in gear.
I shut it off and put it in gear then pressed the clutch (which felt normal) and turned the key and it jumped forward in every gear and backward in reverse.
I paid the guy 200 for it, pushed it out in the parking lot and stuck a 2x4 in there to hold the clutch down.
Then I reached in through the clutch fork hole in the bellhousing and popped the disc loose with a screwdriver, got in it and drove off.
He had an annoyed look on his face when I went by. :D

2 or three years later I swapped it straight across for a running driving 66 Ranchero that I sold 6 years later (after driving the pee out of it) for 600 and that guy drove it back and forth 140 miles a day to work and back for 3 years. :D

Wish I could get another one for 200 bucks now.
That last one I saw the guy wanted 6,800 for it and the one I had was in WAY better condition even after I sold it.

This kit is worth every penny. Running Magnecor cables and Champion iridium plugs on my slant. Great upgrade...easy starts and better driveability.

Installed and running well

:thumbsup:

image.jpeg

So you mounted the coil where then?
I gave you 14 feet of wire to work with. :D JK
My coil is mounted right next to the ECU on the fender, and I only needed about 8 inches of wire to the coil connector.

I'd like to see a picture of yours installed if you can, and I think it would help give others ideas and options.
So you mounted the coil where then?
I gave you 14 feet of wire to work with. :D JK
My coil is mounted right next to the ECU on the fender, and I only needed about 8 inches of wire to the coil connector.

I'd like to see a picture of yours installed if you can, and I think it would help give others ideas and options.
can I purchase just what I need... I already use a gm module(4 pin) and a crane e coil. in my duster but I could use(and like) the heat sink you have and any related wiring.

can I purchase just what I need... I already use a gm module(4 pin) and a crane e coil. in my duster but I could use(and like) the heat sink you have and any related wiring.

The heatsink has been reduced to a 1/8 x 1.5 inches x 3 inch aluminum plate (hardware store)
And since you use the four pin module and a crane coil my wiring and connectors won't work with your parts.
Sorry

Trailbeast is a great guy with a hell of a good product. Put up with and happily answered a stack of my questions even before I settled on his kit while I was figuring out what to do. Once I did settle on his kit he has been extremely communicative and helpful while building it out. I did the full monte - HEI coil, module, and reman dizzy with new advance spring and plate.

I just received it today, well packaged, and looking great. Excited for whenever I get the chance to put it in.
HEI_Small.jpg

Trailbeast is a great guy with a hell of a good product. Put up with and happily answered a stack of my questions even before I settled on his kit while I was figuring out what to do. Once I did settle on his kit he has been extremely communicative and helpful while building it out. I did the full monte - HEI coil, module, and reman dizzy with new advance spring and plate.

I just received it today, well packaged, and looking great. Excited for whenever I get the chance to put it in.

Thank you Steve, I'm glad you are happy with it so far.
Wait till you get it installed and you'll really be happy with it.
Don't forget to regap your plugs to .045 when it goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back