Completed Engine Conversion

-

19duster74

Duster74
Reaction score
Finally finished coverting the old /6. Oh the feeling when I turned the key and it fired the first time. It took a lot of time but was definetly worth it. FYI: The total cost of the conversion was right at $6,000 including the transmission, radiator, brackets, pulleys, mounts, etc. Also changed the torsion bars (Included in the $6,000 total) I had to do a lot of shopping around to keep under my budget. Just thought others getting ready to convert would like to know a ball park $$ number.

Engine 1.jpg

Engine 2.jpg

Duster Small.jpg

Looks great, do you have a list of all the parts you needed? I will be doing the same after I do all the body and paint. :thumbup: I have the motor and trans and know that I need the K-member swap kit, bigger torsion bars, bigger rad makes sense, better brakes and who knows what else? I haven't really done much research on this yet but it would be helpful if I could at least have a list compiled so I could gather some of the parts while I wait.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

I do have a list of all the parts I used (and re-used). Give me a couple days and I will post a new thread " Conversion Parts List" with the complete list. I spent hours researching and "shopping" for the best prices. Also got a lot of great information and support from guys on this site!!!

Look for a thread in a couple days........

Congrats, just have fun for those of us that have yet to start on our porject.
Jeff

A great A one job you have dun there 19duster74, :thumbup:
And I like the collor too.

Me Being born in 58 that duster would be great. Congrad's
Now let's go put your foot in it, As Sid said

-
Back