compression and pistons

-

valiant360

Reaction score
I'n building a 360 for my valiant. I bought a built short block awhile back. ITs .040 over with what looks like stock cast pistons. I was going to go ahead and use them, but something tells me I want to go a step higher. I would like to get 10: 1 or higher compression ratio without milling the heads. Is that possible.
I was looking at the kieth black pistons. They seemed resonably priced. Does anyone know which set of these pistons would get me in near that compression , there seemed like alot of different choices.

they say the kb167's will get you close the ristpen hole on the piston differnt so it sets higher i used em and they still had to mil my block 24 thousands to get zerodeck some blocks are probley closer thought about milling your heads?for more compro.

KB 107's are the pistons, you will have to rebalance the rotating assembly as the weights will be off by a good bit. This should get you to 9.5 + depending on the head cc's and gasket used. From here it's up to you.

I used the KB107 flat top and still had to have about 0.020" machined off the deck of the block to get them to zero deck. With 64cc chamber magnum heads and a 0.039" thick head gasket I have 10.6:1 compression.

-
Back