compression help??318 .....

-

Youngthrill

69 GT
Reaction score
so my block is almost done and im itching to get it back..im haveing problems finding out my compression ratio...

its a 318 .40 over zero decked with speed pro 4 valve relief pistion's..

i found a set of edelbrock 60779 with 63cc chambers for dirt cheep new...

also using a 273 stock stroke forged crank..everything is getting balanced ...

also need help selecting head gaskets ??

help i need to know where im at for my cam choice...looking for 10-10.5 to 1

the heads were a unexpected buy... i was planing on useing 360 heads.....pics are comeing soon...................THANKS FABO:burnout:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FPP-1008/
Its what I have on my 340. Your motor should be closer to 11:1 but you'll have great quench so it will be fine.
The cam, is all about what you plan on doing with the car, what tranny are you using, what rear gears are you using and what size tires are you planning on using

WOW thats better than i thought...its going to be a srtip/street basically pleasure....im using 904 for now because i have it..planing on going with a 2500-3000 stall
8 3/4 rear end either 3.91 or 4.11 undecided..hopeing to get help on tire size but one thread at a time...im looking at voodoo solid cam or mopar purple cam..i think solis is the way to go have 273 adjustable rockers..thoughts.................

Check piston to valve clearance, but you'll get more out of the motor with a roller cam because the roller cam with bring you into the power curve sooner and keep you there longer then a flat tappet cam.
I have a full roller setup in my 340 with flat top pistons, 60779 eddy heads and ~11:1 compression. That said, I'm running a Hyd setup in mine.

quick question not sure if i heard right but some modifcatons need to be made in order to install a roller cam..its a 77'' block...not sure..

like i said a solid cam was a thought ....i was kind of discouraged with a roller just cuz of that mod i might have to make.... im leaning towards a voodoo...i really want that chopy idlel

piston valve clearance ???those flat tops should work...

quick question not sure if i heard right but some modifcatons need to be made in order to install a roller cam..its a 77'' block...not sure..

like i said a solid cam was a thought ....i was kind of discouraged with a roller just cuz of that mod i might have to make.... im leaning towards a voodoo...i really want that chopy idlel

piston valve clearance ???those flat tops should work...

Its to know how much room you have and the amount of lift you can safely use so the valve doesn't hit the piston. The only mod need to be done to use a roller cam (if you use the Hughes drop in lifters otherwise you'll have to have the lifter bores bushed, which doesn't hurt to have it done) is to open up the push rod holes in the head to get the correct angle because the roller lifters are taller then flat tappet lifters. Thats all. Here is a link to the issue I had and you'll see what i'm talking about
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=131950

My 340 is full hyd and here is what the motor will sound like (yes is a camaro but you get the idea)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jifx49pnUIA"]Lunati 60122 idle true duals magnaflows - YouTube[/ame]

I like.!!.........hydraulic should fit right in ..let me research ..my block is almost done...I hate calling back and saying well I forgot one thing ....

Thanks for feed back 1970duster...what that nice sounding Cameron running? ?

I like.!!.........hydraulic should fit right in ..let me research ..my block is almost done...I hate calling back and saying well I forgot one thing ....

Thanks for feed back 1970duster...what that nice sounding Cameron running? ?

It's running the same cam I'm using (well the specs are the same)
@.050 231in/239ex duration
.535"in/.550"ex lift
110/106 lobe
Requires 9.5:1 or better compression
2400-6200rpm
Requires a 2500 stall

What is the volume of the valve reliefs, and is it truely a zero deck. Give me the numbers and I crunch 'em, and give you a sugesstion on gasket.

Always check piston to valve clearance when you step up in cam, nothing ruins your day like dingin' a piston with a valve.

-
Back