Compressor set up?

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
Hey guys I have had a Devilbiss Pro 4000 compressor 60 gallon made by Ingersol Rand. I don't think the motor is the orignal but I could be wrong.

I was wonder if anyone knows how to adjust it? There is a spring in the 2nd and 3rd pics that I was told adjusts it but I am not sure. Anyone have one of these or similar? I bought for $200 about 3 or so years ago guy I bought it from closed up his shop and he only used for the tire machine. It works GREAT but kicks on to quick. Like I said I remember saying something about it being adjusted by the spring but I don't want to start adjusting things and screwing it up unless I know for sure.

comp1.jpeg

comp2.jpeg

comp3.jpeg

That spring adjusts the start/stop pressures. If it starts at 85 psi and stops at 125 psi you have a 40 psi draw down between cycles. Adjusting the pressure setting will have very little if any effect on the drawdown between cycles. The only thing that changes cycle time is tank volume and line leaks.
A tank full of condensation (water) will cause repeated short cycles.
You might Google that brand and model number to get a owner manual for more info.

I know stops at about 125 and I think it starts about 100. I have tried finding a manual online but it to old of a compressor.

There are switches that include drawdown adjustment. The one on my well pump does. It's sensitive too. Small move makes a big difference.

-
Back