Concours correct oil filter.

-

JoeP2

Reaction score
Which of the pictured oil filters (if any) would be the filter that would have been on a 1972 340 Duster when it was originally delivered at the dealer. Duster has a late October 1971 SPD. Thanks!

IMG_20230607_143039163.jpg

IMG_20230607_143120397.jpg

IMG_20230604_070629095~2.jpg

I'm not in 1972 A-bodies. But for 1965 there was one assembly line filter to get rid of the internal dust. The dealer changed it to an over the counter oil filter. Same thing with fuel filters. So it depends which route you wanna go?

I'm not in 1972 A-bodies. But for 1965 there was one assembly line filter to get rid of the internal dust. The dealer changed it to an over the counter oil filter. Same thing with fuel filters. So it depends which route you wanna go?
I need to prepare a survivor 1972 Duster for vintage judging (judged against how it was delivered at the dealer) but thanks.

The filters you are showing are dealer replacements for when you brought your new car back for an oil change. These would be correct on your new car after it's first oil change.

The filters you are showing are dealer replacements for when you brought your new car back for an oil change. These would be correct on your new car after it's first oil change.
OK - so what is the correct filter? TY

Red white and blue striped.

Other option is cover the writing up with tape and respray the oil filter bright white. Take off the tape. If your the only one like that then you win!

Lol! No seriously. Survivor does not mean it’s never been touched. It means it is as original as possible. Like a time capsule. It is as if the car stopped at a certain point and not touched since so the red white and blue filter works.

-
Back