Congratulations Winnipeg

-
It's OK we is what we is lol , did Shawn finish painting you dart yet ? ....J/K
talked to Brian at IMM yesterday and come middle of next month some of you local boys are in for a surprise ,No more Willle Wanker power for me got some real deal coming my way, want to drive to moparfest in august with me? we can start a cross Canada mopower tour :burnout:

LOL...Shawn ain't gettin' within 1000' of my Dart!!! He still hasn't fixed the kid's S10 yet...prolly never will.

A trip to MoparFest would be an awesome break-in trip for your new bullet.

Found this posted somewhere.......

The origin is somewhat surprising - they're named after the New York Jets football team. Benny Hatskins, the Winnipeg franchise owner, was friends with the owner of the New York Jets and named his team in tribute. True story! The fact that their marquee player's nickname had "jet" in it was purely co-oincidental.

Your guess is as good as mine........

This is true as far as I know, however there was a team in the Junior league called the Winnipeg Jets that was around prior to the WHA and of course NHL versions. They are the Junior Jets, and they went through a name change when the WHA arrived. I remember seeing a couple of games with my dad in the late 60's.

Grant

I'm really glad they moved the Thrashers to Winnipeg, Georgia having a hockey team just doesn't make sense, I don't mind seeing more Canadian teams in hockey

Would be nice if the did use the Avro Arrow, but from what they're saying, new logo, new colors. TBA

Grant

that would be a sweet logo , hope they don't go purple and black or something stupid like that . Heard the Coyotes deal fell through come on Buttman you tool give up and let them go to Quebec City

that would be a sweet logo , hope they don't go purple and black or something stupid like that . Heard the Coyotes deal fell through come on Buttman you tool give up and let them go to Quebec City

I love Quebec .............. My good friend lives there and I have be blessed to have 2 boys play in the Pee-Wee Tournament there. The greatest hockey tournament in the world.

Betch you a beer Grant they go with colours close to the Manitoba Moose!

Since I believe they probably really wanted to call them the Manitoba Moose, and they did come up with their colors... you're probably right.

However, I will still take you up on that bet since we've been threatening to get together for a beer so long at least this way one of us will lose. Then we'll both win. :drinkers::drinkers:

And now that we got our team, I agree that Quebec should be next..

Since I believe they probably really wanted to call them the Manitoba Moose, and they did come up with their colors... you're probably right.

However, I will still take you up on that bet since we've been threatening to get together for a beer so long at least this way one of us will lose. Then we'll both win. :drinkers::drinkers:

And now that we got our team, I agree that Quebec should be next..

You're on Grant! I will have a cold Moosehead when I win! :drinkers:

-
Back