Connector behind dash

• Thread starter Deleted member 5414
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 5414

I was installing the dash in our 69 cuda, and have one extra connector. It is a 3 terminal T style connector that sits right above the ignition switch. I cannot find it on the wiring diagram. It has 5 wires 2 pink wires on one terminal 2 yellow wires on the second terminal and a yellow wire with a black tracer on the last terminal. Dash lights dont work so I'm assuming it is for the light circuit. Anyone have any ideas where it plugs in?

Doing your dash did you pull off your "time delay relay" and forget to put it back on? Just a stab! You may have to use a grounded pen light and probe each wire to find out if it's a battery fused supply only or works only with acc power, then work from there.

Well it aint dash lights. Those get power through headlight switch. You have a signal flasher a fan switch, and then a harness that connects along there that carrys the right door switch, and optional glovebox lamp. I'll look into a 68 tomarrow if you haven't solved by then.

Yes that is the diagram I have. I'm guessing it might be the time delay, but the diagram only shows 4 wires my connector has 5 wires. We have radio light, heater push button light but nothing else. The 2 working lights seem to have a weak ground. Is there a ground wire from the body to the dash assembly?

Redfish could be correct on this one! I know my 69 had a "extra" equipment feed sitting there when I did a rebuild! Your cluster lights power run does come from your light switch. Do you have any other insturment lights on the dash (as per...ash tray, heater light) and do they work? I still suggest that you probe your spades on that connector and find out first if you have just battery power, Acc power or both coming out of it! If nothing at all, start making some conditions (lights on, switches etc) to see what switch makes power to the connector. If it is a extra feed, check your light switch connector for a loose spade or put your hand up to your cluster connector and lightly give it a push with your fingers to see if the dash light come on.
Here is a nother basic drawing.

Light switch2.JPG

It just so happens i have my dash torn apart, though it's not a cuda but a dart. And if I remember right, this connector is for the Brake light on my dash.

I have got all the lights working except the ignition key light. I think my three terminal connector is for a missing time delay relay. I can jump two terminals on this connector and get the key light to come on. The key light plugs in to one of the wires off the three terminal connector. Is the time delay relay still available?

I have one more question. Coming up from the heater blower motor there is a brown wire with an eye terminal that is not connected to anything. Cant find it on the wiring diagram any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

I have got all the lights working except the ignition key light. I think my three terminal connector is for a missing time delay relay. I can jump two terminals on this connector and get the key light to come on. The key light plugs in to one of the wires off the three terminal connector. Is the time delay relay still available?

I have one more question. Coming up from the heater blower motor there is a brown wire with an eye terminal that is not connected to anything. Cant find it on the wiring diagram any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

I think your going in the right direction. found this pic of a three terminal delay. Also,.... I'm not sure about your heater blower wire being brown in color, however most eye terminals are for a ground as in the next pic.

light.jpg

heater.jpg

That is the connector! Now Ive just got to find a time delay relay. I double checked the blower wire and it is brown.

-
Back