Considering Master Power Brakes Disc conversion kit

-

Dusterdenovo

Contentedly Old School
Reaction score
I have a '73 Duster with manual drums and I am planning an upgrade to discs up front, keeping them manual. I am looking at a conversion kit from Master Power Brakes, #DB1303M.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this kit, or with Master Power Brakes in general. This kit seems like a good deal to get everything at once, appreciate any input from FABO.

Thanks, Larry

Attachments

• Phase 1 006A.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 204
Yes, I used the Master Power brake kits on the front and back of my Dart. They are complete and contain almost everything you need to do the conversion except the brake fluid, but they are a little pricey. I got mine off of eBay both sets for $1000 because someone's project stalled and they needed the money. The only problem I had was the ball joint popping out of the upper control arm because someone installed it wrong and we mistakenly thought it would be fine. In hind sight I take part of the blame for that and it was an easy fix.

img1288560369424.jpg

If you have any more questions, I'll try to answer them.

Great; thanks for the feedback. Drove my Duster around all last summer with all new suspension and brakes out back, but the front end (still all 40 years old) is a bit sketchy. Want to do some shopping asap, so when the weather gets better I can re do the whole front end and order my Cragars. Also just picked up a 360 block, and leaning towards a 408 build too. Will the insanity ever end? Cheers, Larry

-
Back