Console Carpet..PLEASE

-

russduanegreen

Reaction score
Hi, Just hoping some one would take a couple pics of their console with the carpet on. Im to that point and I dont know what it is supposed to look like. Mainly below the shifter,but as many pics as you have time for. Thanks in advance, This site and the members are GREAT.

Picture 469.jpg

I have a cut out pattern of the original, I went one step further in restoring mine and got the bottom edge of the carpet bound , looks awesome! My car is about 45miles away so I cant help you at the moment, with a pic. The pattern is also at the garage... I can get one made for you in black carpet if interested? Baltimore MD

This is how we did ours. I would make it shorter next time around. Also bound the edge.

So... are you not able to use a regualar carpet layout for a console? You have to buy a premade carpet made a console car?

The console carpet skirting piece is sold seperately by those who offer the moded floor carpet i.e Trim Parts, A-1, etc.. . You will think its over priced until you recieve it and roll it out on the floor. It's cut on a bias which requires a lot of waste. But its one piece that wraps around and fits perfectly. No creases or wrinkles.
I attached the from the left forward end to beyond the service/access cut out with velcro. I feel the factory would have done the same if velcro had been available.
I searched all my archives for a pic to share of mine and just dont have one. Mine has no added binding and really doesn't show a line where it meets the floor carpet. I bought a super nice set of floor mats for only 8 bucks at a flea market and almost went back for a second set. Thought I would remove their binding for use on my console skirt but decided...
nahh.

I have the skirt for my ragtop project still in the box. I'll lay it out and photo it if you want.

Velco is a great idea. Makes under console access easy. Hadn't found FABO when we did ours, but it will work for now.

I agree with you about buying one precut. It was difficult to make the carpet sit properly and as the pix show, several creases.

-
Back