Console into 74 Duster

-

tonysrt

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have this piece from another Duster and my welder says he'll screw it down and weld entire piece in the car. He says console will cover it so won't be seen. Is that the best way instead of just welding in only the brackets? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
DSCN7568.JPG

Find a new welder willing to do it right.

Or.... buy a welder and learn yourself. :)

Those are not spot welded to the pan, grind the welds off and transfer the brackets, how hard is that, heck, you could even screw them down.

Alan

Cut those brackets off and reweld them to your tunnel

before you cut them off, i could use the measurements from the front of the shifter bracket to the front mount and the same to the rear

I believe this part is already on your floor. Just need to cut the hole. There are dimples where the boot screws go. So as said just measure everything and mount just the brackets.

InkedBrackets_LI.jpg

before you cut them off, i could use the measurements from the front of the shifter bracket to the front mount and the same to the rear
Go to "A body console brackets location" and there are a few sites that will help you out. After looking there if you still need help let me know. They do a better job than I could, but again I'll help if you need it.

Go to "A body console brackets location" and there are a few sites that will help you out. After looking there if you still need help let me know. They do a better job than I could, but again I'll help if you need it.
thanks for the info,i'll look that up.

-
Back