Console pot metal re-chrome

-

Tony Fields

That's How I Roll
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever use Iverson Automotive in Minnetonka, MN for
any Pot metal re-chroming?

Got their card at the Nat's and was just curious.

Thanks

Never used them, but read a writeup on him in MopMusc. and from the article and pics, sure looks like a place to deal with.

Grant

I just got my 4 speed console parts done as well as my two hood pieces from my 67 done. Quality Plating did the work for me, got all the console parts back and they look SUPER!! Should have the hood inserts tomorrow or Monday.

I just got my 4 speed console parts done as well as my two hood pieces from my 67 done. Quality Plating did the work for me, got all the console parts back and they look SUPER!! Should have the hood inserts tomorrow or Monday.

How pricey were they, if you don't mind me asking.

Also did they re-do the silver and black paint on the console plates?

Do you have any pics you could post

Thanks,
Tony

the tow 67 cuda hood inserts were 200 bucks, I will post pics as soon as they arrive.

They dont paint the silver and black in fact I have the console and glove box lid already boxed up ready to ship to the guy doing my stainless and aluminum so he can paint them or I would post pics of them.

I will grab the ashtray lid and take a few pics of it and some other items I already have.

Here is there website http://www.qualitychromeplating.com/

the tow 67 cuda hood inserts were 200 bucks, I will post pics as soon as they arrive.

They dont paint the silver and black in fact I have the console and glove box lid already boxed up ready to ship to the guy doing my stainless and aluminum so he can paint them or I would post pics of them.

I will grab the ashtray lid and take a few pics of it and some other items I already have.

Here is there website http://www.qualitychromeplating.com/

How much was the console. Which/how many parts did you have done with that? Was it pitted in the bottom corners before they plated it?

Well, I got my quote back from Iverson Automotive for the console plates

Ashtray lid $50.00
Glove box cover $200.00
Forward console plate $325.00
.................Total $575.00

They might do excellent work but I think I'll pass
and contact Quality Chrome Plating like keith9291 did

How much was the console. Which/how many parts did you have done with that? Was it pitted in the bottom corners before they plated it?

I had a the 4 speed plate, the glove box lid plate, the ash try lid, the ash tray, and the ash try holder all done and it was 300....I think the exact total was 323 with shipping and I paid the extra 10 bucks for COD. They dont take credit card you can send them a check or money order after the work is complete or they will COD it to you. And there was no pitting in the corners when I sent my stuff in.

I also had the 67 Cuda hood inserts rechromed and they were 200 bucks for both. I should have the inserts any day and will post pics as soon as I take them out of the box.

I had a the 4 speed plate, the glove box lid plate, the ash try lid, the ash tray, and the ash try holder all done and it was 300....I think the exact total was 323 with shipping and I paid the extra 10 bucks for COD. They dont take credit card you can send them a check or money order after the work is complete or they will COD it to you. And there was no pitting in the corners when I sent my stuff in.

Sounds like you sent them a pretty primo 4 speed plate. Was it just scratched and nicked? I wonder if they would charge more depending on the condition of the parts.

It's pretty tough to find an primo 4 speed plate. Nice score.

-
Back