[WANTED] console shifter lower rod

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
A single piece of shifter linkage is hard to find. The piece you're seeking is requested in this forum about twice per year. I had to make one. I did have a OEM sample to work off of. Good luck

So it sounds like as the shift assembly is removed the rod is left on the transmission and when the transmission is removed the rod was jest discarded

My guess has always been someone crawled into a car in a parts yards and collected everything they could from there. The parts that would require jacking up the car were left underneath ( The rod you seek and the lower bracket that was bolted on the trans for bottom of the down rod ).

I think I have one. If somone can post a pic of it next to a ruler that would help to make sure....

I believe this is the shift rod you need.....It's approx. 10" long

Attachments

• P1110287.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 164
  • P1110289.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 157
Dumb question since I could look up the diagram but isn't the adjust block supposed to be hanging below the shift rod lever instead of at the trans mounted lever ?
Probably doesn't make a difference.

Dumb question since I could look up the diagram but isn't the adjust block supposed to be hanging below the shift rod lever instead of at the trans mounted lever ?
Probably doesn't make a difference.

You might be correct, but my car has shifted great for several years......:D

Interesting....Got a pic of it installed the other way ?

Thanks that is the one I have. Here it is,clean and not pitted. It is only missing the bolt on the adjuster. I found it while trying to find a lense for another member....Now I wish I could find that lense...:banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_5735 (Small).jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_5736 (Small).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 126
Thanks for the link 6pk.

I found correct link in the box with throttle pressure stuff in it. :cheers:

Thanks for the link 6pk.

I found correct link in the box with throttle pressure stuff in it. :cheers:

Always happy to help & really glad you found yours CB.... :thumbup:

Hopefully Waco Demon has found one for his car too ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back