Console to back seat dimension?

-

pauls340

Reaction score
My first post ! I need the dimension from the back of an Abody console (Dart/Demon/Duster) to the front of the rear seat ? Reason, my cars console brackets are not there...thanks in advance. [email protected]

If I had my car here I'd measure for you. Someone will chime in with the answer.

Welcome to FABO and I like your motor choice. :cheers:

Paul,
If no one chimes in soon I'll go measure my '73 Dart Sport and post back.
Dallas
Just got back. It measures 7" from the front edge of the rear seat to the rearmost edge of the console, which is 2-3" down from the top edge.
If you need it I can take a pic of a floor section I cut from a '69 B'cuda that shows the position of the brackets.

If you can get that pic, that would be extremely helpful. My large bracket is slightly twisted and I don't know if that's correct??? Thanks for the dimension.

I dont know if you're doing automatic or manual console. I dont know if you've noticed the hump in the floor isn't centered under the rear seat bottom. So...
Here's what I do know, Nothing is centered. If you're doing manual shift the console can be out of position a little. If you're doing automatic shifter you'll need to postion the console to the shifter. Otherwise the shifter will drag sideways in the bezel, hit one end or the other of travel opening, etc..

-
Back