console

-

ptbill

Reaction score
Can a 1966 Barracudas auto console fit a 65 auto Barracuda?

I would think you could fit it in there, you will need to get and mount the brackets to hold it down and you will need a 66 floor shifter and linkage but I can't see why you couldn't install one. Here are some pictures of mine from when I did my build, hope this helps.
Bob

floor pans 8.JPG

z234.JPG

It can, but isnt going to be easy! Assuming that you have the 65 seats, they are wider and will offer no room between them for the console! Also assuming that you have the 65 cable operated trans, the shifter will have to be retained from the 65 setup, and will require some modification to work! You will also need the console mounting brackets

There were a lot of changes through the 60s A body cars. The push button trans, the cable shifted trans, the direct linkage....Single pot master cylinders to dual, solid shaft steering column, the list continues...
I have a 65 Dart that has had a checkered past. It came with a slip yoke 904 trans and a strangely mounted B & M floor shifter. The steering column has a small box near the firewall with 2 cables coming out of it that someone cut off. I have a 66 column and linkage that I will be using.
Your setup should work if you use 1966 shifter and linkages.

-
Back