Contest Time! $$$ Don't miss out!

-

-Boosted-

Hard Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
*** Post updated with 2 pictures of time slips. Both passes we are in the right lane. The slower (1st) pass we had an issue with the rev limiter activating at 5900rpm (on a 7000 pill). 2nd pass the issue was fixed but I spun the tires on the hit and short shifted into 2nd gear. We are done for the night so there won’t be anymore passes. Lock in your guesses now because the contest will closed at midnight tonight, Las Vegas time.***

IMG_2304.jpeg

IMG_2305.jpeg

Back by popular demand....lol, a contest to see who can guess the closest to the actual ET and MPH my car runs at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway Summit Racing Series Season opener this weekend. This contest will have specific rules that you must follow in order to be qualified to win. We are arriving on Friday and will be running the car in the TNT to get it dialed in for the weekend. This contest is to guess the ET and MPH for Round 1 of eliminations on Saturday. The times from Friday night TNT can be used to help come up with your guess but they are not part of the contest. We are also working on having a live feed for the pass and this contest. More to come on that as well.

I have posted my combo countless times on this forum including in my build thread. I have also posted chassis dyno results. If you want to increase your chances of winning, do some research. No, I will not help you to take my money.... lol

The rules are simple and the tie breakers are as follows....

1 - Guess the ET and MPH (using this format: 9.92 @ 137.023) of the pass from Round 1 on Saturday. Closest ET (over or under doesn't matter) will be declared the winner.
In case of a tie, the one that had the closest MPH will be the winner. If still tied, the one that posted their guess first will be the winner.
2 - One guess per person and no edits after the contest is closed so take your time and get it right.
3 - The contest will close at the conclusion of TNT on Friday night. If I can remember, I will post ***Contest Closed***.

Addendum to the rules: If it happens that on the contest pass (Saturday Round 1), the tires break loose or for some reason I can't make a complete run, the contest pass will transfer to Round 1 on Sunday. If by chance that pass isn't a legitimate pass either, then it will revert to the first full pass the car made on Saturday or Sunday (possibly a qualifying pass on either Saturday or Sunday). If for some reason no pass can be used for the contest, then I will change it to a random drawing and will do a live feed for the drawing so you guys know there was no funny stuff going on....lol Obviously if this is the case, then the BONUS prizes are out.

Grand Prize:
Custom BrawlerFab/ABodiesOnly t-shirt
Billet Specialties t-shirt and hat
Thumper Carb prize pack
Nitto Tire backpack
Custom Competition Numbers set
Mopar Hat
Special LVMS memorabilia
and more to come as I get confirmation from some sponsors.

BONUS Prize:
$100 cash if the winner guesses the ET to the hundredth and MPH (example: 9.92 @ 137)
$500 cash if the winner guesses the ET to the hundredth, MPH to the hundredth (example: 9.92 @ 137.02)
$1000 cash PLUS a brand new Rugged Radios in car race radio kit if the winner guesses the ET to the hundredth and MPH to the thousandth (example: 9.92 @ 137.023)

SPONSORS: (more to be added as I get confirmation)
Billet Specialties
BrawlerFab
Nitto Tire
Thumper Carbs
Rugged Radios

If you like the contest, give it a thumbs up. This helps me decide if I want to continue doing them or not. If not, then don't....no biggie. lol

***Cross posted on my FB page but it’s 1 contest with 1 winner***

Last edited:
0.00 @ 0.000
0.00@ 0.001
0.00@ 0.002
Etc.

I'll win but my finger will get tired!

:rofl:

10.80 @ 125.192
Is my guess. I'd have a different number for Pacific raceways.
Nice prize pot...

Last edited:
I'll get more detailed as the weekend unfolds.
I have eyes at the track. lol

The only thing I’d ask you to add is, can we make it a guess on an actual pass? If it spins and you back out and idle down to a 20.04 at 43 mph that (imo) ruins the contest.

Pretty chilly for the T&T so i'll wait for the results.

Thanks for doing this. We appreciate the extra time it takes to pull off a cool contest like this. That said, concentrate on the set-up and make some nice/safe passes. Good luck this weekend.

The only thing I’d ask you to add is, can we make it a guess on an actual pass? If it spins and you back out and idle down to a 20.04 at 43 mph that (imo) ruins the contest.
Great point. I will add a disclaimer to the original post in case that happens on the contest pass.

What’s the engine combo and rear wheel horsepower.
lol, as stated in the contest rules....I will not help anyone take my money. All the details of my build are on this forum for everyone to see. Besides, there isn't anyone on this site that knows my combo better than you! :lol:

There's an entire thread to read, it's a fun read.
Read it if you haven't

I almost want to drive to Vegas this weekend just to watch in person
DO IT!!! There's a few that said they are making the trip. We could have a FABO get together. Hell, I'll even provide the hookers and blow! lol, ok maybe not hookers and blow but I'll buy dinner on Saturday night for whoever wants to come out.

-
Back