contour paint stripper

-
I seldon ever buy anything except projects, and usually virgins with NO repaints. I have found IF the OE paint/primer has not gone away from exposure of sun and time, and IF the primer is SO hard to DA off and IF there is not rust under that primer I have had great luck using that as base and doing good Epoxy over it. I know, take it to any 'Shop" and they will always tell you they do not guarantee their work UNLESS you pay them to do to bare metal...every time!
Good thing I never take them ANYTHING!!! Can't afford it IF I wanted to.

Yeah not as good as the old stuff that had methylene chloride in it. What I hated with the abrasive strippers is all the dust so I gave it a try (its not cheap either....$100/gallon up here). I'm told it works much better on aftermarket paint vs factory paint which is why it doesn't seem to be working that well on my roof. Just brush it on (one pass with the brush) and then quickly lay plastic on top. You will need multiple applications.
There must be an industrial solution to the non working paint stripping chemicals. The public was too dumb to head the directions so about 10 dead people and a couple mourning mommas got the government to take it off the shelves. Now I get to use ten times more in materials and 10 times as long to remove it.

I almost (almost) went ahead and bought a drum stripper but took awhile to get feedback, meantime I striped it down except roof and trunklid and hood with what I had. I will continue on working with what I have maybe. Who knows, maybe the Eagle will poop in my hand and I will get an extra $150 from somewhere!!??? Mom always said, son... work with what you have till you can do better. But I have bought up all my needed materials except topcoat! The good part of always having a project to build is there are always some leftover materials! Everything just keeps getting more expensive but I did talk the new girl at the paint store into an old fellers discount!!

If anyone knows IF the HF drums fit the Eastwood machine or anyone actually has used the HF stripper for more than a couple hours...let us know!
I have used my HF stripper for several hours, mostly on metal tubing (2, 3.5, and 4 inch square) for my gate project. One pass is about all it took. The steel got a little rusty between purchase and use. I also used it to strip some body filler off the Barracuda. I will be using it on the GTS after I get my son's Dart and my Barracuda done.

I have used my HF stripper for several hours, mostly on metal tubing (2, 3.5, and 4 inch square) for my gate project. One pass is about all it took. The steel got a little rusty between purchase and use. I also used it to strip some body filler off the Barracuda. I will be using it on the GTS after I get my son's Dart and my Barracuda done.
The metal tubing seems like the perfect use for that tool.

I was doing my inner door panels on my F100 ( they are steel). I tried the HF Contour stripper, and it's heavy for older people. I went back to my DA. It was faster. I haven't tried it on any large surfaces.

If you run over the panel with 80 grit da first to open up the paint the strpper will work better

-
Back