control arm bushing

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
hay guys ive read a few diff. post on this but came up just a little short on whats the best...my car is a street/strip car but i dont drive it on the street that much maybe 10 miles a mth... anyway i looked at my arms and bushing the other day and the bushing is gone so got them apart now just need to get some new ones... some say go poly and some say rubber for top and poly for bottom.. now i see that they said poly slows or limit the lift of the frontend and rubber dont is this corr... i jsut need to replace the top and the ball joints for now so i need to get a set before thur.....

I would just go to the auto parts store and buy a good set of rubber bushings and be done with it. I may be wrong but if it's a mostly drag car, you don't need the increased cornering stiffness that poly bushings provide.

thats what i want to hear i'd love to have this all back going by the weekend ....my try and take her down the track..if i can get it all done...thanks

You will probably have to order those bushings, so don't wait until late in the week to look for them.
C

not to steal the post but where can u buy the tools for chrysler front ends, i.e. torsion bar, upper ball joint tools? prefere used because i cant afford alot

You will probably have to order those bushings, so don't wait until late in the week to look for them.
C

True. I just checked and my local Oreilly store doesn't stock them, but they can usually get things the next day from their warehouse.

As far as purchasing used front end tools good luck. Some auto parts stores have tools for loan if you leave a deposit. Or you could take your upper control arms to the dealership and see if any old school guys have the tools you need.

got my bushing order today be here tomm... i plan to change the upper ball joints at the same time but man this things are 40.00 each so i plan to be careful with them dont want to spend to much cause im plan to change the front over this year soon i hope...any place have them for a little less cash...small ball joint...

I agree about using rubber bushings. They've probably been in there 50K miles or more. Why have to worry about squeaking issues. I do have poly bushings on my sway bar though.

not to steal the post but where can u buy the tools for chrysler front ends, i.e. torsion bar, upper ball joint tools? prefere used because i cant afford alot

moparkid, When you get ready to tackle this, send me a PM. I can help you out w/ the ball joint sockets, etc. I live in town......

got my bushing today plan to put them in tomm. but i think im going to wait and order some ball joints while its apart. i checked rock auto today they have some thats a good price..plus its not much money when your sons life or everybody at the track is at stack right.....hahah just being safe...:munky2:

We made our torsion bar removal tool. We took two pieces of flat steel and drilled 2 holes in each, far enough apart to put the t-bar between. Then clamp it to the bar and hit the edges of the steel with a hammer, and out pops the t-bar. Presoaking it with WD-40 helps too

got my bushing order today be here tomm... i plan to change the upper ball joints at the same time but man this things are 40.00 each so i plan to be careful with them dont want to spend to much cause im plan to change the front over this year soon i hope...any place have them for a little less cash...small ball joint...

Wow only $40....Local parts stores here in MI wanted $130 each....I ended up getting a whole kit from PST.

rock auto has them for like 20.00 each...i plan to up date the frontend this year so im just going with this to get the race season going....but once i get the big bolt patt. on i will redo with 1 of the kits.....

well went to put my busing in today but i guess noboby at the warehouse check the parts i got 3 busing thats right and 1 that goes in god knows what.. so had to go back and see can they get me the right parts..should be here tomm. mor. just have to see.. plan to get some new ball joints coming as well so ill keep everyone posted...

well guys got my bushing installed now looking for my ball joints to get here friday..ive been on here just not posting much bad weather is bad on my arm and its snowing here again....man this sucks..i was out on wed. and found a 74 dart swinger man this thing looks good has a 6 in it but hay i can get over that..so i plan to get it soon has new tires and the inside looks ok all the rally wheels...its red with a white top..just got my electric fan and relays today will install that sometime soon when i feel better.. but for now its just me and the meds.hahah:glasses9:

-
Back