control arm stiffners

-
Nothing wrong with the mounts sold by Bergman AutoCraft. They may not match the 67-72 tabs, but that doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that they won't look original.

Mount the sway bar up, make sure it's centered, and then locate the brackets on the LCA. The length of the end links may have to change compared to a stock application, but that's not a huge deal. You just want the end links to be as vertical as possible. Hotchkis has good instruction on how to locate the tabs in the instructions for their front sway bar, since their front bar doesn't use the factory mounting tab locations.

https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/hss-22385.pdf

Nothing wrong with the mounts sold by Bergman AutoCraft. They may not match the 67-72 tabs, but that doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that they won't look original.

Mount the sway bar up, make sure it's centered, and then locate the brackets on the LCA. The length of the end links may have to change compared to a stock application, but that's not a huge deal. You just want the end links to be as vertical as possible. Hotchkis has good instruction on how to locate the tabs in the instructions for their front sway bar, since their front bar doesn't use the factory mounting tab locations.

https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/hss-22385.pdf
Thanks for this info, When I made this thread, I was wondering if I was wasting server space, but with the amounts of responses, It was not. :thumbsup:

Thanks for this info, When I made this thread, I was wondering if I was being stupid, but with the amounts of responses, It was not stupid. :thumbsup:

Not a stupid question at all. There's a lot to consider when you start getting into modifying the front suspension, even if it's just simple stuff that you're planning on doing.

On that note, the Hellwig 55917 is the “pro-touring” Hellwig bar, and like the Hotchkis sway bar it has different LCA mounting tab locations than stock to allow for wider front tires. So, even if you had stock LCA's with sway bar tabs, that bar wouldn't fit them.

Not a stupid question at all. There's a lot to consider when you start getting into modifying the front suspension, even if it's just simple stuff that you're planning on doing.

On that note, the Hellwig 55917 is the “pro-touring” Hellwig bar, and like the Hotchkis sway bar it has different LCA mounting tab locations than stock to allow for wider front tires. So, even if you had stock LCA's with sway bar tabs, that bar wouldn't fit them.
I just have the control arms ready to weld on, and I was hoping to not use the link brackets that Hellwig provided. I have used that type in the past, with no problems...just wanted a cleaner look.

-
Back