Control Freaks Front Suspension?

-
oh and for the record that link in the original post used to have different pictures on it. used to show the control freak suspension. now its showing the alter-k. they must have changed up the site some since this thread was started in july of 2009..

this is what was pictured there before...

Attachments

• cf.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 404
I would say there a dealer for Bill's stuff

Manufacturer's List

Air Lift
Air Ride Technologies
Aldan
American Autowire
American Racing
Be Cool
Bill's Hot Rod Parts
Caltracs
Chassis Engineering
Cool-USA
Currie
Dakota Digital
Direct Sheet Metal
Flaming River
Gorilla Performance
Halibrand
Hawk
Heidt's
Ididit
Ignition Plus
Lecarra
Maradyne - Supertrapp
Moser Engineering
Mooneyes
Offenhauser
Pete and Jakes
QA1 - Carrera - Hal
*Reilly Motorsports*
Right Stuff
Spal
Speed Tech
Speedenames
Stainless Steel Brake
Strange Engineering
Super Bell
Total Control Products
Unisteer
US Radiator
Vintage Air
Vintage Wheel Works
Wilwood
Zero Offset

And Holy old threadness:scratch:

I would say there a dealer for Bill's stuff

Manufacturer's List

Air Lift
Air Ride Technologies
Aldan
American Autowire
American Racing
Be Cool
Bill's Hot Rod Parts
Caltracs
Chassis Engineering
Cool-USA
Currie
Dakota Digital
Direct Sheet Metal
Flaming River
Gorilla Performance
Halibrand
Hawk
Heidt's
Ididit
Ignition Plus
Lecarra
Maradyne - Supertrapp
Moser Engineering
Mooneyes
Offenhauser
Pete and Jakes
QA1 - Carrera - Hal
*Reilly Motorsports*
Right Stuff
Spal
Speed Tech
Speedenames
Stainless Steel Brake
Strange Engineering
Super Bell
Total Control Products
Unisteer
US Radiator
Vintage Air
Vintage Wheel Works
Wilwood
Zero Offset

And Holy old threadness:scratch:

i agree.. but the link in the very first post from 2009 used to take you to the copy of bills.. maybe they stopped carrying the copy..

abodyjoe

I am not saying it's not a copy of the origonal alterkation design, I am just saying its not the shitty thing that have been talked about on the net or maybe even here. I do not know where I red it but someone purchased a copy design from hotrodusa and it was crap. It was not the Mr Norms one. Bolt holes did not line up etc. Here is oz both are expencive ($7000.00 for Mr Norms $8000.00 for the AltK) I know engineers certicicates come with the altK, not sure about the Mr Norms one. I will be making inquires soon. You could not get the Mr Norms here 12 months ago and it was a way cheaper option to import, probably neither will import now they have an importer.

i have a problem with anyone who directly copies someones design. i think its bullshit. its different if they build their own and get it to work or provide their own vision to it but to just buy someones product just to steal someone elses R&D is just wrong if you ask me.

I don't disagree with you at all, simply making an observation. I'm in a strange position regarding the hood for my build. I had a specific vision for a hood, contacted all the fiberglass hood providers and nobody would do it. Found a shop that will build it and now they are planning to pull a mold from it in order to sell. Wasn't my intention at all, in fact, I would prefer to have a one-off hood, but...

abodyjoe

I am not saying it's not a copy of the origonal alterkation design, I am just saying its not the shitty thing that have been talked about on the net or maybe even here. I do not know where I red it but someone purchased a copy design from hotrodusa and it was crap. It was not the Mr Norms one. Bolt holes did not line up etc. Here is oz both are expencive ($7000.00 for Mr Norms $8000.00 for the AltK) I know engineers certicicates come with the altK, not sure about the Mr Norms one. I will be making inquires soon. You could not get the Mr Norms here 12 months ago and it was a way cheaper option to import, probably neither will import now they have an importer.

well hers the problem. you pulled up a thread from 2009 and you have no idea what the crappy one you read about even was.. the link in the very first post in this thread used to take you to the control freak suspension. now its showing an alter-k-tion. they obviously changed their page up over the years. did hotrodusa sell cap or magnumforce front ends over the years ? i have no idea and really don't care, but that would explain poor fitting front ends coming from hotrodusa. control freaks front end should slide right in easy just like the alter-k because they copied the alter-k. and whats all the reference to mr norms?? that place is a joke.

I don't disagree with you at all, simply making an observation. I'm in a strange position regarding the hood for my build. I had a specific vision for a hood, contacted all the fiberglass hood providers and nobody would do it. Found a shop that will build it and now they are planning to pull a mold from it in order to sell. Wasn't my intention at all, in fact, I would prefer to have a one-off hood, but...

that sucks. should have made them sign an agreement that saids they wouldn't produce an exact copy of it. probably would have had to pay big bucks then though.

abodyjoe

I never said I did know, only that there may be some confusion about whats what. At least that was my intention. When I first seen the control freak suspension on hotrodsusa, it was actually labeled as control freaks by Mr Norms (or vis vers, cant remember but both names were there). Also they sell it at Mr Norms Garage (but its silver) I asume its the same because it looks the same and because of the Mr Norms label the first time I seen it. Here the Mr Norms link
http://mrnormsgarage.com/parts/classic-parts/classic-front-suspension.html

so thats the reference.. Cannot even find it at hotrodsusa at the moment. All I can find is the CF one when I click control freaks. I do remember from the forum I read though that they said it was a cheaper Altk copy front end that did not line up. And I am sure it had a link to one that looked exactly like the altk, not the control freaks one but I will not swear by that as it was some time ago. I could care less about who copied what to be honest, thats not my problem. I would however like to know whats good and whats bad and in looking for that answer I found this forum, hope there is some other good info here I can us for my charger rebuild

Cheers

JACE

I like the control freaks, Al is very helpful honestly I like Bobs for my particular application but could never get anyone to answer the phone.

-
Back