Convert Power brakes to non power?

-

E55

Reaction score
Hello all,
Recently picked up a 70 Swinger 340 that I am making into my old high school car.
This one has power front disk brakes.
Would like to convert to standard.
Besides the obvious master cylinder can I still use the front disks?
What will I need to convert?
Thank you fro your time,
E55

Second that. All you need is the manual brake pushrod or an adjustable one.

You may also want to get a 15/16” master cylinder, as that will give you a decent brake effort with the manual disks.

You may also need new lines from the master cylinder to the combination valve, even if you use your current master cylinder. The lines will have to be bent to accommodate the new master cylinder location, and depending on the condition of your current lines you may have to just replace them.

Second that. All you need is the manual brake pushrod or an adjustable one.

You may also want to get a 15/16” master cylinder, as that will give you a decent brake effort with the manual disks.

You may also need new lines from the master cylinder to the combination valve, even if you use your current master cylinder. The lines will have to be bent to accommodate the new master cylinder location, and depending on the condition of your current lines you may have to just replace them.
Perfect, Thank you!

@E55 , I did the same to my car, I bought the adjustable push rod and my master had the cut out for the pushrod lock. The car had stainless lines and I was able to just make an extra wrap of the lines and they fit perfectly.

The pedal is pretty firm and I have purchased a 15/16” master cylinder but haven’t made the swap.

Cliff Ramsdell
47E59C8A-C688-484D-845A-D6EE12E7D68F.jpeg
CD959669-2310-44E3-8540-E89FBBFE03CF.jpeg

-
Back