Converter Question

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
i have a 3800 stall ptc 9.5" converter that i had ptc build for a 410 turbo small block putting 700 to the tires. i am now building a 440/493 stroker and was wanting to know how this converter would work with the bb. trans is a built 727, i have just swapped cases.
cheers

Well, seeing as you are in New Zealand, would I sound flippant if I said try it and see? I'm not meaning to.
But if you're thinking TC's, you basically have two choices; A)what 273 said, or B) try it.
And I like B) for a few reasons;
1) Cuz if you get the wrong one in the mail, it's gonna be a real PITA. And while you're waiting for a replacement, you will install the 3800 that you now own....... anyway, and wait several weeks for another;and
2) if you install the 3800 today,and don't like it, then you will have DATA to supply PTC, and have a better chance of getting one you really like..... the first time; and
3) maybe, just maybe, the 3800 will be just right.
cheers

Well, seeing as you are in New Zealand, would I sound flippant if I said try it and see? I'm not meaning to.
But if you're thinking TC's, you basically have two choices; A)what 273 said, or B) try it.
And I like B) for a few reasons;
1) Cuz if you get the wrong one in the mail, it's gonna be a real PITA. And while you're waiting for a replacement, you will install the 3800 that you now own....... anyway, and wait several weeks for another;and
2) if you install the 3800 today,and don't like it, then you will have DATA to supply PTC, and have a better chance of getting one you really like..... the first time; and
3) maybe, just maybe, the 3800 will be just right.
cheers
I`d try it too, if it fits. May have a little higher stall, right off the hit.

Probably +500 on the stall. But that is a guess of course. Like others said, call the people you bought it from.

thanks for the input guys. i will try it and see how it reacts and go from there, might just turn out to be the ducks nuts. have a good converter shop here so they should be able to make any changes.
cheers

thanks for the input guys. i will try it and see how it reacts and go from there, might just turn out to be the ducks nuts. have a good converter shop here so they should be able to make any changes.
cheers
---------DUCKS NUTS !! Never heard that one before >lol

cheers
Is this RB stroker naturally aspirated? You didn't specify so.... Out of the gate Your +82 cubes and that's a 4.125" stroke I'm guessing? If it's got decent squeeze w/o a
turbo it's probably gonna be quite a bit higher. Hey, if You don't mind tryin' it go for it, the worst is You'll have to pull it. I would still ring up PTC for an opinion anyways.

-
Back