Convertible at a car show in the rain

-
It's a convertible with it's top up. Pretty simple. Looks nothing like a hard top

1967-dodge-dart-gts-big-block-383-auto-rust-free-and-in-excellent-condition-1.jpg
1968-Dodge-Dart-GTS-1-630x390.jpg

I remember a tragic story of a kid getting into the LA river (IIRC) and getting washed downstream till he ended up in the covered part and never seen again (for you non So Cal people the term river means cement lined drainage canal 10's of yards wide that occasionally gets full. ) some of the scenes in "to live and die in LA" and Greese were shot in the LA River

View attachment 1715789947
I think part of Terminator 2 was filmed down there, too.

It is supposed to sprinkle on and off this morning.

So what to do...View attachment 1715789578

I forgot to mention a nice millennial jumped in to help move the tent.

Oh and I got snubbed by an E body guy, guess im not a cool kid after all!
I don't think being snubbed by some E body dude is the end of the world. He was an asshole. He wouldda snubbed you no matter what car he had. You have a nice car and he knew it.

Years ago when I was into the car club scene we had our annual open car show. Like every year we had a guy with a Cuda show with his car. This guy was a real Dick. Always made an *** of himself and found plenty of things to ***** about, the biggest was when he wouldn’t win a trophy.

Anyway, at this show I was in charge of parking. When he came in, of course being his Dick self I had him park so we could start another row. We were pretty much parking all the Mopars together, well except him. I told the other guys to start parking every Chevy and Ford next to him. Since he and his lady decided to go shopping we had ample time to completely surround his car. By the time he got back he was surrounded with Cameros an Mustangs with a few sports cars thrown in. Of course he bitched to high heaven. The alternative I gave him was stay where he was parked or out go out and find a place in the parking lot. He chose to leave. Never came back.

Regarding man bun...
If you are a real Samurai it's cool

Ce5sNzZXIAMtyo0.jpg_large.jpg

If your just a dude... Just looks dorky
tp-man-bun-hairstyles-1.jpg

Forgot to post that my getting rained on going home from a car show record is un broken...
PXL_20210912_210807291.jpg

Origional, not a single crack or warp.

So Cal garaged car.

I am impressed on how supple the vinyls, padding and rubber is on my car.

It is supposed to sprinkle on and off this morning.

So what to do...View attachment 1715789578

I forgot to mention a nice millennial jumped in to help move the tent.

Oh and I got snubbed by an E body guy, guess im not a cool kid after all!
Run a rag top for long and you put the front seat backs ahead when you get out. Never know when a shower or **** hawk will come over.
Always some na sayer in the crowd. When my brother got married, the JP is the owner of a nice 49 Cadillac 62. Dad like going to the Reynolds Museum History Road show and Shine every spring. Dad had an original unmolested 49 Olds 4dr sedan. When Dad backed in a guy parked on the other side of the Cad 62 came over and started tearing it up. The fenders were not supposed to be black with the burgundy body, where is your fender welting? The JP later came over to Dad and said he was critiqueing his Cad. This guy had a 49 Cad 60. Eventually he came back and started ripping up the chrome trim around the wheel wells. The JP calmly went to his car and pulled out a reprint 49 sales brouchure and opened it up. It started with the 60 Series and its features. Then it moved on the next page to the features of the 61 Series. The next page showed the 62 Series features, with chrome trim around the wheel wells. The JP then proclaimed, "that is my car, The most expensive". He then flipped back to the 60 Series page and said, " this is your car, the cheap Cadillac." The guy turned around and sat in his car and pouted. Part of History road is when you get parked, they park you by year from oldest to newest. Then they parade the cars around the horse race track and the announce proclaims the car and any new features brought out that year.
After going through the parade Mr 60 did not return, went home to sulk.
Neat show but frequently chilly as summer not quite latched on. They have a lot of cars out on display, and a warehouse full of restorable cars they will get to. They also have farm machinery and another building with aircraft. Sometimes they get more motorcycles on loan and do a display in mid summer.
Stan Reynolds had been a pilot during WW2 and a bush pilot after. From the air he could see cars and machinery parked on farms. He would then drive out to enquire about purchasing collector stuff. He eventually donated everything to the Province of Alberta. The Museum has a lot of technical books and information. I believe they will copy books for a fee.

-
Back