Status
Not open for further replies.

philllyc

First time restoration guy
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need the drip edge attached. It is a 1969 dart convertible. Does anybody know if a different vehicle's drip edge will fit or can be modified to fit?

Thanks in advance:violent1:

Attachments

• Needed_Drip_edge[1].jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 143
I need the drip edge attached. It is a 1969 dart convertible. Does anybody know if a different vehicle's drip edge will fit or can be modified to fit?

Thanks in advance:violent1:

I went to the metal fab shop and had my profile made up, they did have to make the trailing edge that welded onto the body a bit longer to get the correct bend, but that was easily trimmed to fit. for the curved secttions they used a shrinker for the perfect compound curve supplied by me using ahem.... duct tape and cardboard:D as a pattern. cost about $80 for the 3 pieces. mine was for a 66 not a 69 but should be similar.

I took a look at the same part of my fish vert project while walking the dog yesterday.
Pics can be deceiving but it doesn't look quite the same shape as the Dart.
I see it as a part that could be fabed from sheet metal.
Before I pursued a close to exact reproduction I would have to visit a parts yard and see what Sebring and other late model verts have there. Improved design might be found.
Then again, It's a rain gutter and not very different from what's on a house in function. I can't imagine a vast improvement. Other than plastic anyway Good luck

GOOD Idea.. I happen to also have a 2000 Sebring as a daily driver. I never thought to look at it! THAT'S a big DUH for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back