convertible thoughts on a non convertible era

-

Mopar King

Beginner / Need of Help
Reaction score
I was wondering how hard would it be to convert a plain jane 1970s & up dart/valiant/scamp and turn them into a convertible. I know that they don't exsist but browsing at a few pictures online and saw a nice blue 1971 dart convertible. I think it looks amazing and wished i had one.

I know from looking around in different forums that some guys convert a convertible year car - for example a 1967 Dodge Dart convertible and just change the nose and weld the whole rear section from a 1970s dart... But has anyone on here ever thought of converting an already 1970s & up hardtop car into a convertible? I know there are lots of super skill yet crazy( just kidding) people on this forum. Let me here your thoughts - just alittle midnight chatter here :sleepy3:

here is the picture,

Attachments

• custom dart.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 193
  • custom dart 2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 133
Seen a rootbeer colored 70 Dart convertible at a show and it looked great.

But that said, I'm not a fan of the 70 and up Darts as well as the PERFECT 1969 Dart when Ma Mopar got EVERYTHING RIGHT!

There is a Scamp in Indy that the guy cut the top off of, used a Ferd Galaxie top frame and cut it down and it really wasn't a bad looking car. He did a nice job on most of it. And had been driving it for years that way

If you want to be different build you one

Seen a rootbeer colored 70 Dart convertible at a show and it looked great.

But that said, I'm not a fan of the 70 and up Darts as well as the PERFECT 1969 Dart when Ma Mopar got EVERYTHING RIGHT!

There is a Scamp in Indy that the guy cut the top off of, used a Ferd Galaxie top frame and cut it down and it really wasn't a bad looking car. He did a nice job on most of it. And had been driving it for years that way

If you want to be different build you one

Seen a charger daytona that sombody made a vert out of. Kinda wierd to me but the conversion was nicely done.

-
Back