Converting headlights and taillights

-

Hideogumperjr

Reaction score
no, but for the price, i may out them in pinky!

It is likely that the people that made those lamps have never seen an actual headlight bucket.

The mounting boss for the silly little blue bulb sticks straight back about an inch before you even put a bulb holder in it. The headlight will not fit in the bucket, and your choices are cut an opening in the bucket, or cut the headlight down.

A friend bought a pair of the "Halo" or "Angel Eyes" style units - they had two of the same blue bulbs & holders to drive the halo. He did not want to cut the headlight buckets in his car (can't blame him) so he brought them to me.

We cut the offending parts down & I made some LED sets up to shove in the now oval holes in the back of the lamp. Epoxy putty closed the holes up & they fit in the buckets.

The Dong How Lung Chow super fun show blue H4 bulbs that came with the lights are less than appealing, but you will be replacing them very soon anyway. I bench tested both lights before he installed the assemblies, and one low beam was dead before he had all of the trim back on.

So yeah if you want a 5 hour project that will keep you up to date with your garage profanity I highly recommend them!

YMMV

Xlexl those links seem to be broken, can you repost them ?
I figured that the cheapness was an issue to good to be true, and the depth of the entire lamp also must require modifications. Sure would be nice to get some high light output here in the busy city.
I am ordering the relay setup to remove some load from the interior distribution system and wanted to up the light out. Planning on going halogen for the taillights also.
I see these Hella's on Amazon, most likely same issue with depth though you think?
[/ame]"][ame="http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-002395031-Vision-Conversion-Headlamp/dp/B001G76Q2W/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_2"][/ame][/ame]
Thanks
john

-
Back