Cool site for restoration tips-Jeff Lilly Restorations

-
Just though I would share what I found this morning. Looks like some good pics and captions on alot of different procedures on all makes of muscle cars, and how to's on restoring your car. Some good stuff here. Anybody hear of him?

http://www.jefflilly.com/index.html

Yeah, Jeff Lilly is usually the featured restorer for Eastwood. Most of the pics for their catalogues using their products come from Lilly.

Yeah, Jeff Lilly is usually the featured restorer for Eastwood. Most of the pics for their catalogues using their products come from Lilly.

I have been checking it out for the last hour. There is some great info there.
I like his detail to the pre-dissasembly and through the whole process.

I may have me a New Years Resolution about how I go about things. Get ready.:cheers:

I have been checking it out for the last hour. There is some great info there.
I like his detail to the pre-dissasembly and through the whole process.

I may have me a New Years Resolution about how I go about things. Get ready.:cheers:

Oh, yeah! The digital camera age has really helped in this, especially with SD cards which can be dedicated to a certain project. Man, I remember taking some cars apart and filling rolls upon rolls of film with disassembly pics, notebooks with measurements, numbers of shims used in certain areas, colored markers used to represent drawings of inspection marks...could spend a week on a car just in teardown. Then start comparing what was there to assembly manuals and research...

85g to restore a VW . that was money well spent. lol

I just looked at the site, Thank you homecloned

awesome, thanks for the link...
some of his stuff, (the build tip section) I have seen in magazines, but it is easier to go here and reread the tips than digging through boxes of old car craft and hot rod magazines...

-
Back